Thread: Sunburn

Banned
    **Taha Ali** Male

Default Sunburn

Sunburn Relief

Sunburn treatment is designed to attack the burn on two fronts -- relieving reddened, inflamed skin while easing pain. Here are a few home remedies for sunburn:

Compresses. Apply cold compresses to your skin or take a cool bath to soothe the burn.

Creams or gels. To take the sting out of your sunburn, gently rub on a cream or gel containing ingredients such as:

Menthol
    Camphor
    Aloe
    Refrigerating the cream first will make it feel even better on your sunburned skin.

NSAIDs. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like ibuprofen or naproxen, can relieve sunburn swelling and pain all over your body.

Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and other fluids so that you don't become dehydrated.

Avoid the sun. Until your sunburn heals, stay out of the sun.

Stop Letting Migraines Rule Your Life
    This personalized plan can help make positive changes.
    You may be able to treat the sunburn yourself. But call for a doctor's help if you notice any of these more serious sunburn signs:

Fever of 102 degrees or higher
    Chills
    Severe pain
    Sunburn blisters that cover 20% or more of your body
    Dry mouth, thirst, reduced urination, dizziness, and fatigue, which are signs of dehydration
    Preventing Sunburn

Here are some tips for keeping your skin safe when you're outside:

Watch the clock. The sun's rays are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you can't stay indoors during that block of time, at least stick to shady spots.

Wear the right clothes. When you have to be outdoors, wear sun-protective clothing, such as:

A broad-brimmed hat
    A long-sleeved shirt and pants
    UV-blocking sunglasses
    Use sunscreen. Cover any exposed areas of skin liberally with at least 1 ounce of broad-spectrum sunscreen. That means sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.

The sunscreen should have a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. Follow these tips for applying sunscreen:

Apply sunscreen about 30 minutes before you go outside.
    Use sunscreen even on overcast days because UV rays can penetrate clouds.
    Reapply sunscreen every two hours -- or more often if you're sweating heavily or swimming.

Banned
    **Hair transplant cost** Female

Place a cool compress on sunburned skin for immediate sunburn relief.
    Take a cool shower or bath to cool your sunburned skin. ...
    Use lotions that contain aloe Vera to soothe and moisturize sunburnt skin. ...
    Hydrate: Drink lots of water, juice, or sports drinks.

**Velvet Paige** Female

If the symptoms of sunburn are mild or moderate, you should drink plenty of water to replenish lost fluids. Apply dampened cloths or compresses to reduce the heat and lessen the pain. And Aloe Vera Gel Works really good but it will burn a little, put it in the fridge and its gives nice cool relief.

**Alice Owen** Female

Summer is the season, when everyone plan for the family outing. So, it is very important that one cannot forget to take cake of their health. Especially skin and eyes get affected most in the summer. Therefore, some safety measures must be taken before to protect them like always wear wholesale sunglasses while outing, apply some sun screen creams before going out and many more.

**Sophia Simmons** Female

Apparently people get sunburns because the sun causes a reaction to the poly-unsaturated fat in our sweat, and I was reading about this the other day on the Ray Peat forums. Some guy who has eliminated PUFA from his diet for 4 years had this to say:

"I stopped burning in the sun (and I don't use any sunscreen)! I started noticing this in the last year or so but was still able to burn eventually so I thought I am just imagining things. However, in the last 3 months or so I completely stopped reacting to the sun. Today, after being out in pretty intense sun (90+ degrees) for 7+ hours I did no even get pink. Basically, if I get any reaction from sun exposure it would be a direct tan (very mild) without any trace of burning. About a year ago, simply standing in intense sun for 30 minutes would make my face look like a monkey's behind and I would start peeling within 24-48 hours. No more burning, peeling or reddening of any body part exposed to the sun. Since sunburn and the red skin color is basically an immune reaction to PUFA oxidation, I believe my lack of sunburn is a decent evidence for little or no PUFA under my skin everywhere on my body."

Pretty interesting right?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful