**** Female

Default I think i have Psoriasis

hello dermatalk, i'm new to the forum. you have a nice site. i have one problem, i have this white and yellow like scales on my head and leg. As it itch, when i scratch those scales it goes off leaving pink red skin below the scales. My friend told its psoriasis so i just want to know is it really psoriasis before going for a dermatologist. oh and it just started 1week back and increasing.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

hi thankx for joinig the dermatalk skin care community.

Well, its very difficult to diagnose online just seeing at your symptoms because other disease also resemble the characteristic features of psoriasis. Direct clinical examination is necessary to proper diagnose it. Other disease that somewhat resemble psoriasis are:
    Seborrheic dermatitis, hyperkeratotic hand dermatitis,pityriasis rosea,candidial intertigo and sometimes secondary syphilis,

it depends on site and type of lesion you have. usually but not always, what you have in psoriasis is that the lesion are well defined sharp edge with characteristic silvery,loose scales and are less itchy then other conditions as stated above and usually associated with nail changes (50% nail involvement and 10% with joint involvement.

I would suggest you to vist a doctor. He would do some test usually a quick and simple- Grattage test to find out and further suggest you accordingly.

**** Female

thank you deepak for your reply. its very itchy and i don't have any nail involvement and they are not that sharp as they look . i hope its not psoriasis. can i ask you what is Grattage test?

I have cured my psoriasis with Argan Oil by Sweet Marrakesh. Our line is FDA approved and certified by USDA. You ll be amazed by the results.
    [ Link removed ]

it might not be psoriasis. have you checked up with the doctor

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From India View Post
    thank you deepak for your reply. its very itchy and i don't have any nail involvement and they are not that sharp as they look . i hope its not psoriasis. can i ask you what is Grattage test?
    if you gently scrape the lesion with glass slide,this accentuates the silvery scales which is said to be positive for psoriasis. This is called grattage test, as its done by grating with a glass slide.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful