Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Stelara Medication

I would like to make a comment on the stelara medication that was recently approved in the United States. I personally was on this medication before it was even available or released as I was in the research study for this medication. I noticed it had worked wonders for me as I had tried Enbrel as well as Humira and neither of those two medications touched my psoriasis. I was diagnosed when I was 12 and have been living with it ever since. I starting noticing after 4 to 6 weeks that my psoriasis had cleared up tremendously. I am now going on 4 months without my last injection (research reasons) towards the end of my trial with the medication and my psoriasis has flared up severly. I have noticed that on this medication that I have been sick less often before I started taking this medication I was getting sick 3 to 4 times a month I would just get over being sick and then I work get sick again. Since I have been on the Stelara medication I have been sick only once in the last 5 years. I am 30 yrs old and I noticed a big difference with no side effects at all. I am hoping with my insurance I can get information because in the last 2 months my psoriasis flared to where I am now about 10 percent of my body covered and when I was taking the medication to start I had over 25 percent of my body covered myself and my family have noticed a flare up since my last injection. I know not all medications are right for everyone but to me this stelara medication is the best thing that has ever happened to me I am hoping that everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashma View Post
    Does that shot permanently get rid of psoriasis ?
    noticed my psoriasis completely went away after 4 to 6 weeks I was able to live a normal life, I was beginning to forget what a normal life really felt like

From what I understand as soon as you stop taking the medication the psoriasis will more than likely return.

What are the side effects of stelara?

**Brenda** Female

http://www.drugs.com/stelara.html this is a website i go to at work at the pharmacy when looking up side effects and info on drugs. this will lead you right to the stelara page.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12