**** Male

Default Ichthyosis Vulgaris and Psoriasis

Hello everyone, I'm Justin. This september i crossed my 18 years of life. I have ichthyosis vulgaris since my childhood and now i'm diagnosed with psoriasis. I'm having such a hard times with myself and friends since i knew i had ichthyosis vulgaris. Now its making it worse with new addition of psoriasis. What the heck, wasn't just ichthyosis vulgaris sufficient for me ? god is so unfair.

I have used many medicines, one i'm currently using is Accutane and working quite well, but what the hell should i do for my new companion psoriasis. Winter is here and i'm really worried. How do you deal with it during the winter? please suggest some good remedy you have so far.

Still hoping someday someone comes up with a permanent cure

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hey Justin, welcome to dermatalk skin care forum. We are sorry to hear about that. We do understand what you are going thru' all these years but just remember that you are a good person, both inside and out, regardless of what your skin looks like or what other says. Just listen to yourself, forget the others. Yea its hard but try it..There are many members who have been suffering from psoriasis for their whole life.

Make sure to consult a dermatologist before initiating any treatment plans. Always keep the skin moist and soft, you should apply heavy moisturizers after bathing so skin won't get dry. Never use use irritating cosmetics or soaps. Accutane will also help in psoriasis,also some Vit-D analog like Dovonex will control the excess skin cell growth. But most important is to consult a dermatologist get good suggestions on which combination therapy will suits you the most.

Hi AirForce1
    Sorry to hear about your problem, but there are lots of good products for Psoriasis. You can find information about this disease in Dead Sea website, and I recommended to use DEAD SEA products, which it natural cure for Psoriasis. The combination of Dead Sea ingredients with new industry developments can get you a very good results.

Hi and Welcome Airforce1

I am sorry to hear that you have psoriasis. I have had them for most of my life.

Speak to your dermatologist and come up with a treatment plan with him/her. There are many treatments so you should speak to a dermatologist so that you can get the correct treatment for you.

The important thing to do is to keep your skin moisturized so they don't get dry and crack then they really start to hurt and at times bleed. My derm has prescribed tazorac that I use in the evening and during the day. I put on a coconut butter or shea butter. Since I have been prescribed tazorac (it is a form of Retin-A) again a derivative of vitamin A my skin has been really good. I have used Dovonex in the past with good results as well.

Now that winter is upon us I have had a few breakouts and I put taz on them and then a butter of some sort during the day and it is working. Some people find that sun tanning helps, there are also tar treatments, etc. Your doctor will know what is best for you.

I am still hoping too someone will find a cure, but unfortunatey, there is none so far.

Take care,

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful