Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you want to risk skin cancer, age spots and a leather texture when your older then tanning is what your looking for. I used to tan a lot but stopped because I realized how awful an act it really is.

First of all... you were born white.. why not be happy with who you are? Secondly the only reason people tan in the first place (well most of them) is because Tan is what society tells us is beautiful.

I don't have to worry about wrinkles as much and age spots are not a problem (as long as I protect my skin from the sun).

Sun isn't the bad guy though because we do need Vitamin D.

But if you insist on tanning then I wouldn't recommend more that 20 minutes at a time in the tanning bed 3 times a week. Oh and use a bronzer without the burning effect so that you can achieve a tan faster.

Your skin sheds a good layer by the end of every 30 days.. so to keep your tan try going at least 3 or 4 times a month.

Lilabytes, you are so lucky. I own a sunbed and used to lay in it almost everyday when I first got it. Now, I'm lucky if I even lay in it. Usually when I see that I am white as a ghost, I will lay in the bed for a couple of days to a week, then slack off. Hint: I just started to tan without putting my face in the sunbed due to I am getting older and I want to prevent any more lines

I've never went to any tanning shops as i seem to gain a tan rather quickly. If i went to Spain for a week i will come back with a nice tan and keep it all year round, where as pretty much all my friends come back looking white.

No, I have never tanned nor have I fake tanned my entire life! I hate the sun! I have fair skin so I burn easily. Plus, i don't want to get freckles. I'm also scared of premature skin aging, so I really stay away from direct sunlight as much as possible. Having a healthy tan can make you look like a million bucks, but I'd rather have healthy skin.

I have never tanned ,I am afraid it will cause other disease.I love my natural skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
    I have never tanned ,I am afraid it will cause other disease.I love my natural skin.
    have you tried any oral sunblock, complements your existing skin sunblock?

no i haven't tried.I'm afraid oral medications might more harm you.Have you tried ?

I usually get a tan with little effort because I love to garden and am out in it most of the summer tending to my veggies. Strangely enough I never used to tan. Like mimico I'm fair and burned easily. The sun (and sunbeds) would just bring all my freckles out so I looked about fourteen. Not being one that enjoyed lying around sunbathing anyway it didn't bother me too much but I would have liked a nice light one at least.

Once I started gardening though I built a tan up a lot more slowly and naturally while working around pulling weeds and planting. Now I take a nice golden one which I'd never have believed I could.

**** Female

I don't tan just for the sake of it, but in summer I usually would go to the beach to swim and hang out with friends.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed