Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Deepak Ghimire** Male

Default Acne Treated With an iPhone Application

iPhone users love their apps, so it's no surprise that AcneApp, a light-based therapy, is drawing interest from the blemish-prone who like the concept of zapping zits while talking to friends.

It's supposed to work like this: Download the application and hold the phone to the skin so the light therapy can do its work. Multitask if you wish, remembering to switch sides so your entire face gets the treatment.

Read The Rest Here: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...iclekey=113342

wow that is interesting, i think it will hit the market.

The iphone app is pretty much interesting and even I would like to have one. Based on what I watched in youtube Acneapp based on light therapy is worth effective. But there are still no clinical studies proving it works. So many still have doubt about the product. And I think more studies should be done before publishing it for more safety purposes.

How about thisone? It is called SkinApp. It provides more light sources for more different treatment. - improve micro-circulation, detox, relaxation... what an app.

**** Female

Despite some reservations that I have against light therapy, I have to admit this app is pretty cool. While I doubt that iPhone screen can provide adequate level for brightness for this app to work, I might find myself downloading the app simply because the idea behind it is so neat!

Worth checking into, future developments might be great.

Although the app is fun, it is just that. Light therapy devises such as BQ and others do work. But the app for the IPhone just isn't strong enough to do the job.

The U.S. FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has ruled that there is no proof that iPhone apps will cure acne. The commission has settled complaints with two developers concerning claims that their apps treated acne using colored lights emitted from the iPhone.

I am truly amazed that people actually thought that the IPhone app would cure acne in the first place.

Common sense just is not there for some people.

**** Female

im not surprised there are no clinical studies that work for the acneapp. honestly though, if people were looking for some 'real' workable remedies for acne..why wouldnt they just consult a dermatologist who would recommend eg. accutane /tetracycline or go for the natural remedies...aloe vera being one.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast