Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you like gardening?

I though it was the good time to talk about this subject. Gardening is one of my hobbies.

We don't have a huge area where we are and many things don't grow very well in Nevada besides desert trees and desert plants.

We recently made a nice front yard with trees, bushes, plants and rocks.

Something that keep me busy the week end

Do you like gardening?

I love gardening. It will be a few weeks before I can do anything but I can't wait to do some planting.

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    I love gardening. It will be a few weeks before I can do anything but I can't wait to do some planting.
    What kind of planting are you planning to do?

I plant mainly flowers and herbs but I am going to try my hand at a greenhouse. We bought one late the in the season last year so I am looking forward to setting it up. I would like to grow more herbs and tomatoes and whatever else. I have also made a little garden that I think I will plant lettuse, potates, etc.

What do you plant?

You are very fortunate to do that, here the dirt in Nevada is pretty bad to grow things or you have to build something costly.

So far nothing edible, just decorative like jasmine, honeysuckle, pineapple guava, daisy, and a few desert and tropical trees.

I have honeysuckle and daisies and other shrubbery. But anything tropical or that needs a long growing season is out of the question. We cannot plant until mid-May or June and by September we are pretty much finished. We often have snow at Halloween

My lawn is still has snow on it. It is getting really warm but we had a lot of snow this year and it is taking its time leaving.

**Brenda** Female

i used to love landscaping. we have to deal with a lot of huge rocks in our area so i used them when i did landscaping instead of buying the fancy products to surround flower beds. i even have an actual rock garden at the end of my driveway that is put together like a puzzell with natural rock. but doing all this has made me unable to keep it up. i have to spray for the weeds that grow but at least there is no mowing on the side of my driveway!!! i also have yucca plants and i had a "blue rosebush" but it died last fall. the flower was a lavender color with a spicey rose scent. it lasted for 30 years. i use to love the scent of it. i don't think i can replace it. i have black eyed susans and daylillies.

I like to learn how to do gardening even its not really my forte. For some reason that, my mother- in -law used to do gardening in her backyard, and that 's her hobby also. Thus, Im pretty much curious how she did such thing and how did she make plants grow healthy.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Wish i had a chance of gardening, i left my home when i was just 8 years old for study (and still continuing my study... damn its almost 22 years..) . Since then i only visit my home during holidays so not much time for gardening. But yea i do love farming at Farmville games in facebook hahaha lol..

For me too, Gardening is one of my hobbies. If you grow one plant in your garden and if that plant yields one flower or a fruit, and the happiness you get is unforgettable. Try and see it.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed