Default is it dangerous to pull off a skin tag?

I don't know if that's the right name for it but that's I call those tiny bits of extra skin you have on your body. My son has one in his armpit and keeps wanting to just pull it off but I say no. I don't think it would come off that easy anyway!

It shurely won't come out easy. If it's fingerlike overgrowth, it bases deep in the skin. A small outpatient surgery would be needed.

**** Female

Yes i would think it would be pretty dangerous. Just go to your local GP and they should beable to freeze it off! Sometimes they do just drop off by themselves. Good Luck!

thats right Five minutes with the dermatologist sometimes in a clinic if its not on your face and that will be the end of it. Under the arm I would imagine they could do it in your local surgery if they are up with th technology

i HAD ONE ON MY NECK THAT GOY CAUGHT ONE DAY AND RIPPED OFF i T BLED FOR AGES AND NOW I HAVE A MARK THERE. iTS COVERED BY MY HAIR BUT JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THAT INCASE YOURS MAY BE VISIBLE CONSTANTLEY.

**Ryan** Male

You must consult a dermatologist regarding that. It may require a surgery if you really want that taken away from the body.

**Bry** Male

The main thing is it is incredibly painful to 'pull it off'.. Most gp's will use a freeze spray or silver nitrate. But the suggested technique gp's recommen is use some fishing wire or thread & wrap it around then tie it off.. it cuts the circulation off & eventually it falls off.

Now, this is a tried & tested method in some A&E's & also, a good few medical programmes (anyone watched 'Embarassing Illnesses'?) actually advocated it. I know a GP who suggests it & it is much better than pulling it off.

Gp or tying it off.. Hmmm?

It's really dangerous to pull them off because you can bleed a lot and also get an infection. Why it's important to let an MD use the proper tools and assure they removed it all and properly.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

It hurts and you will have pain issue. So do not do that. Go to your doctor

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful