Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oily nails

Default Oily nails

Sometimes I wake up and notice my nails are bright pink and VERY shiny. I think it's excess oil.

What is this telling me about my body the connection is has to excess scalp oil, and hair loss I'm suffering because of it.

I like to believe in natural healing and treatments, and hope if I can figure out what is out of whack that is causing this, that I can turn it around... from the inside.

**Kelly Mirian** Female

516 Rockland Avenue NY 10543 Mamaroneck, NY 10543, United States

Use astringent on the nails and let them dry and apply nail paint on the nails and you can also apply lemon slices to remove oil and make them shine.

**Brenda** Female

i am not a doctor but fingernails have no sweat glands and therefore cannot produce oil. the oil must becoming from somewhere else. i think it is time to turn to a doctor, if you want to go to a naturelist doctor go. but go to a doctor.

Our nail plate is constantly being bathed by an upward tidal flow of oil and moisture from the underlying nail bed. The oil and moisture keep the nail plate flexible and strong. If you have oily skin, you will have oily nail plates.
    For oily nails, you can use astringents like Sea Breeze or other kinds of astringents that are not emollient based.

I agree there is no oil secretion through nails, you really need to concern doctor about it.

Yes, it is time to see a doctor if you are concerned. I am not sure there is a problem though.

I disagree with putting an astringent on your nails. That would dry them out and they could crack then. If that happened infection would set in.

Quote Originally Posted by mck123 View Post
    Use astringent on the nails and let them dry and apply nail paint on the nails and you can also apply lemon slices to remove oil and make them shine.
    I want to know from you is it really effective.

yes don't take any type of risk with your body

doctor is best sometimes home remedies go wrong.... by which our health effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Wolf View Post
    Sometimes I wake up and notice my nails are bright pink and VERY shiny. I think it's excess oil.

What is this telling me about my body the connection is has to excess scalp oil, and hair loss I'm suffering because of it.

I like to believe in natural healing and treatments, and hope if I can figure out what is out of whack that is causing this, that I can turn it around... from the inside.
    so admire with your nail , share me how can you get that

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast