**Mubeen** Male

Default Rosacea and it's symptoms

Rosacea is a skin condition that affects parts of the face. It is sometimes called ''acne rosacea'' as it can look similar to acne. However, it is a different condition to acne.

Symptoms of rosacea include one or more of the following:

1. Frequent flushing of the face, similar to blushing. This is often the first symptom and may be the only symptom for months or years before anything else develops.

2. Redness of parts of the face. This can look similar to sunburn.

3. Small lumpy red spots and small cysts (pustules) on the face. The spots and cysts look similar to acne. These may 'come and go' in some cases, but remain long-term unless treated in others.

4. Telangiectasia on the face. These are tiny blood vessels under the skin which you can see and can become quite prominent on the face.

5. Eye symptoms (also called ''ocular rosacea'') occur in about half of cases, but are often mild. They can include:
    - A feeling of something in the eye
    - Burning, stinging or itchy eyes
    - Dryness
    - Sensitivity to light
    - Eyelid problems such as cysts, styes or eyelid inflammation

6. Thickening of the skin occurs in some cases. The most well known example of this is called a rhinophyma (a bulbous, bumpy nose). This is uncommon.

Mubeen.

**Brenda** Female

you seem to know a lot about the skin. we are glad you are sharing your knowledge with us.

Default Redness Relief

For those of you who are looking for products to alleviate redness, Eucerin has a Redness Relief system that has been clinically proven to provide immediate redness relief and improve the condition of visibly red skin in four weeks. The line is made up of a cleanser, soothing night creme and a daily perfecting lotion with SPF 15.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

It causes facial redness and produces small, red, pus-filled pustules (bumps). People having rosacea may develop a thickening of the skin on the forehead, chin, cheeks or other areas.

**Julie** Female

Thanks for suggesting a product that alleviates the facial redness. My close friend has what I think is rosacea, fits much of the descriptions here, but stubbornly refuses to talk to a doctor about it. I notice his nose is much affected when he takes a lot of alcohol, and the effects of the sun (and we are on the equator for 6 months!) really seems to exacerbate the symptoms. He is using a good zinc-based sunscreen on his face now, so that helps a bit.
    Here is my question....is rosacea confined only to the face, or can it affect other skin areas..chest, arms, etc?

I have used pure chimp super cleanser to solve rosacea problem.
    Applying this products I have my skin clear and smooth. And they are 100% natural.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful