Default Spot on my daughters forehead. Anyone know what this could be?

This spot appeared on my 9 year old daughter's forehead about 3 days ago and it has grown considerably since then.

My wife does have a history of skin cancer so we are a bit paranoid about this type of thing. But unlike her mother, my daughter is not fair-skinned and does not have very many moles.

The other concern that I have is a potential spider bite. We live in Maryland so both Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders are present.

We'll be taking her to the doctor regardless but it would be nice to get some opinions. Our dermatologist normally has a long waiting list.

Thanks!

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Though its very hard to diagnose with just a picture, But this could be a spider bite, see... there seems to be 2 puncture marks ( Fang Marks) on the lesion ( which may be seen in some spider bites too like u mentioned..). Does she have any symptoms like fever, headacne, joint pain and other if any. My suggestion would be to consult a doctor immediately. Your doctor will carefully see the lesion, do some blood and urine tests and rule out if its a spider bite and prescribe some oral and topical antibiotics to prevent further infection or other measures accordingly.

Being said that there are some other dermatological condition that might resemble but your initial step is to seek emergency help. Though severe complications are rare in spider bites, but is important for emergency visit. Besides some rare systemic complications of spider bite, the skin around the bite might get necrosed and leave permanent scar on forehead. Forget the dermatologist for now if he/she has long waiting list and visit nearby emergency clinic.

Thanks Deepak. I was thinking the same thing about the two dark spots.

She never had a fever but she was on antibiotics recently for an ear infection and would have been finishing-up with them around the time this appeared. So, maybe that counter-acted things somewhat?

Anyway, she's on her way to see a GP right now.

Thanks for the response!

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well.... do let us know what comes up... be in touch, if there is anything we can help let us know..thanks.

**Brenda** Female

remoh welcome to our forum. please let us know how it goes with your daughter. i am from maryland also. from carroll county. good to have a neighbor on here. i hope you like our forum.

Its might be any insect bite and i think it would be itchy too so just avoid to rub it with fingers or nails or else redness will spread.
    I too got the same mark on my leg i was rubbing it due to itchiness but now i avoid it and its curing now the redness is gone the skin there become blackish but that too vanishing slowly.

Consult a good dermatologist because treatment at initial stage is beneficial. So do not waste more time and visit a doctor.

yes, it is better that you can consult doctor if one doctor has a long waiting list you can consult another doctor.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful