Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Deepak Ghimire** Male

Default What Type of Skin Lesion Do You Have Find It Here

I see many peoples can't figure out their skin lesions,whether its macule, patch or any other lesions like papules postules and so so... As Dermatology diagnosis is based on direct vision of your skin lesions rather than your symptoms or something.. so if you know what type of lesion actually you have its easier to diagnosis and further manage in this virtual internet world.. So i'm going to list some common lesions of skin here.Just see which one is yours and ask questions accordingly so members will find easy to help you out..

The most important type of skin lesion includes Macules and Patches,papules and Plaques,Vesicles and Bullae,Pustules and Nodules.

Macules and Patches: The term Macules and Patches refers to flat areas of discoloration.without any discernible changes in texture.Macules are 1cm or less in diameter,while Patches are greater than 1cm. in size.

Papules and Plaques:The term papules and plaque refers to elevated,palpable skin lesion,in which the breadth of the lesion exceed its thickness.Pauples are small 1cm or less in diameter,while a Plaque exceed 1cm in size.

Vesicles and Bullae: The term Vesicles and Bullae refers to fluid-filled spaces within the skin.Vesicles are less than 1 cm in diameter,while Bullae are greater than 1cm in size.

Pustules and Nodules:A vesicle or Bulla containing purulent (pus) fluid are called Pustules.A nodule is a solid,rounded skin lesion in which diameter and thickness are roughly equal.

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

thanks for useful information.this will remove many peoples confusion

thanks for making it clear..

Something that might be very helpful to some people who cannot get a good handle on the written terms would be maybe to get some pictures of the different skin lesions and post them here. You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words!

Thanks for the info however after being a nurse for over 20 years I have a good working knowledge of those things. I was thinking that it might be beneficial for others maybe to see what a typical skin cancer might look like for example. I know we cannot put pictures of all the different types of skin lesions here.
    For future refernce wilkepedia is not a great reference as it is added by internet surfers and the information half the time cannot be corroborated. http://www.webmd.com is a great medical reference for anyone needing basic information on any disease or condition.
    Also http://www.medscape.com is another excellent resource to find detailed information on treatment for any type of disease or condition.

I wonder if any of these things go away by themselves?

**Brenda** Female

yes if your skin doesn't like the make up remover or cosmetics they can cause milia. i don't think make up would cause the ones inside the eyelid. i am 62 this december and i am getting all kinds of new spots, bumps, itchies!! according to the mayo clinic they are supposed to disappear on there own. but they sure take their time doing it!

Stay away from any oily makeup, makeup remover, too much eye cream or having it too close to the eye, etc. All of these could cause milla. If you have them inside the eyelid you could have gotten them from makeup remover or eye cream as if you use too much you could get it in the eye. I think it would be a rare cause of them inside the eye but one never knows. Have you seen an eye doctor? I would suggest you do as they are usually on the outside not inside. It could be something else and you don't want to mess around with your vision.

**naturesorganic** Male

207 N. Gilbert Rd Ste 001 Gilbert, AZ 85234

Thanks for the information

**Steve Xavior** Male

It is really a very good information .Which can help many people.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast