Default Wondering which method will work best?

A little background on me first. I am 25 years old. I have had acne since I was about 13. It has calmed down since I turned 20 but I want to get rid of the majority of it. My skin is pretty sensitive. I poked around here a bit and read a few of the top threads about acne and treatments and it seemed like there are alot of different suggestions for treatment. My skin is naturally oily. Before I buy something I hope I can get your opinions on what might work best for me given my background. I'd like to make the most educated choice before I buy one product or another.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

As we age most of the acne goes by itself. Sometimes it may be good to have oily skin, as oily skin has fewer tendency get wrinkles and aging. But yea excess oil can be troublesome sometimes. Production of oil is mostly influenced by your mood, weather and hormones. So its very important to use the product as your skin varies during such circumstances and you should be aware of that chances in your skin. The product that might be working good on other might not work for you. You'll find the right product by yourself after many trial and errors, so keep trying the products that work best on you.

For oily skin, normally applying products containing acid like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, beta-hydroxy acid and glycolic acids work best. But as these products may initially irritate your skin, you may try to use as little as possible for initial 1 week and see how it respond and change accordingly. Most people won't get beneficial effects because they want quick results and apply more resulting in even more side effects. To get best results with fewer side effects apply only to those area of excess oil.

Remember you should treat your skin with great care. be gentle to your skin, don't use any harsh chemical or products to get quick results. Cleanse your face with mild gentle cleansers everyday atleast 2 times which is sufficient in most cases, don't over do it. Never poke your acne it will get worse. Most people don't follow the rules of moisturizing, thinking that it will get even worst, but its wrong. Always moisturize your face with oil-free moisturizers.

There are other prescription retinoids which are best for oily skin, you can go for retinoids if normal products won't work for you. But the best thing is that oil-free and acne free face can just be achieved by regular washing your face with oil-free cleansers twice a day. Here are few over the counter medications if you haven't seen it already.
    http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/skinc...cne-treatment/

Well, i guess other members with similar problems may share some useful thoughts with you, just stay tuned...

I'm not sure exactly which will be guaranteed to work on your skin type, most of the products may irritate your skin as you have very sensitive skin. Try limiting the products you use as deepak said. You may want to try Proactiv which has pretty good reviews.

**Steve Lawns** Male

3500 Las Vegas Blvd S Ste R20, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Did you ever done any cosmetic surgery. I would like to suggest you to use Dr. Elisha's natural skin products. Which gives tremendous result. Have a look on this website [url under review]

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful