Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acne prevention

**** Male

Default Acne prevention

I have pimple for such a long time i am tried with them. even my stomach always disturbing me.

Can send me some important fruit and prevention idea to me.

Nirav

Aww! That's funny! According to traditional Chinese medicine, the stomach's condition is reflected in your skin. So it follows that bad stomach leads to bad skin. I don't know if it's true but I have a weak stomach and really sensitive skin.

Like you, I've suffered from acne for son long. My face only started to clear after using Proactive a few years ago, but when I switched to a different brand it came back with a vengeance! I tried using Proactiv again but it didn't work anymore so I kept going back and forth to my dermatologist for almost three years. Recently, she recommended that I use Benzac wash and it really helped!!!

As for fruits, papaya is good for the skin. Mangoes are a no-no because they promote acne.

**** Male

Default Thanks

I like to know what is this Benzac wash do i get it everywhere

thanks

Regards
    Neerav

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yea you get it every where, its actually BENZOYL PEROXIDE ,there are many names to benzoyl peroxide like you said Benzac wash, make sure the cream you buy contain benzoyl peroxide. it can be bought without prescription.. but make sure you don't have allergy to benzoyl peroxide or any other components of the drug.

oh again you might ask what is benzoyl peroxide,if you are not sure what is benzoyl peroxide,then its a medication used to treat acne.Iits important to understand that during the first 3 weeks you are using benzoyl peroxide, your skin may become irritated. Also, your acne may seem to get worse before it gets better. but later it will improve your acne.If your skin problem has not improved within 4 to 6 weeks or have any severe allergic reaction, check with your health care professional.

use a facial scrub everyday. 3 times a day.
    i had neutrogena facial scrub and a clearasil facial scrub. right now im using clearasil they both work. they keep your face clean, fresh and healthy looking and not oily. wash your face really good for at least a minute
    if your face is dirty that can cause pimples too.
    proactiv works not 100% though. i only used refining mask a couple months ago and it dries out of my skin and the pimples. but the dry skin was a problem so i stopped using it. try taking mecidine for acne.
    right now, im just using the scrub and a cream called equate hydrocortisone 1% cream. it's just a cream to heal bumps not specifically acne but it works for me and i was really surprised so now i use it everyday. =] and drink a lot of water. ;] good luck and make sure that your food habits are well maintained as it shows on your face.

One trick that I find really helpful is to avoid touching your face unnecessarily because you end up transferring lots of bacteria to your skin. Alway wash your hands before touching your face.

This is because, the things that you touched before maybe touched by some inconsiderate soul that has not washed his hands after visiting the toilets. very disgusting but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    i had neutrogena facial scrub and a clearasil facial scrub. right now im using clearasil they both work. they keep your face clean, fresh and healthy looking and not oily. wash your face really good for at least a minute
    if your face is dirty that can cause pimples too.
    proactiv works not 100% though. i only used refining mask a couple months ago and it dries out of my skin and the pimples. but the dry skin was a problem so i stopped using it. try taking mecidine for acne.
    right now, im just using the scrub and a cream called equate hydrocortisone 1% cream. it's just a cream to heal bumps not specifically acne but it works for me and i was really surprised so now i use it everyday. =] and drink a lot of water. ;] good luck and make sure that your food habits are well maintained as it shows on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    One trick that I find really helpful is to avoid touching your face unnecessarily because you end up transferring lots of bacteria to your skin. Alway wash your hands before touching your face.

This is because, the things that you touched before maybe touched by some inconsiderate soul that has not washed his hands after visiting the toilets. very disgusting but it does happen.

i also like to touch my face and whenever i get pimples i always rub and play it with hands.its a bad habit but i can't avoid.
    I love My Skin

**** Male

Avoid oily food items, prefer papaya fruit evening times. Don't apply any ointment, as it may or may not suit your skin. Take tablets under doctor's advice, as the problem gets cured from the source(internally from your blood origination).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    i also like to touch my face and whenever i get pimples i always rub and play it with hands.its a bad habit but i can't avoid.
    Well, you can still touch your face except you just have to keep it clean.

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Hmm... actually excessive washing and scrubbing your face can irritate and overdry your skin, and, as a result, promote acne.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast