**JC Smith** Female

Default 90 For Life Gluten Free Expo

90 for Life Gluten Free Expo will be having their 1st annual Gluten-Free and Healthy Living Expo at the Gastonia Conference Center on November 10th and 11th, 2012. This expo will be a fun and educational 2-day event presenting information on gluten-free products and the gluten-free lifestyle. Many vendors will be providing samples of their products and will have items available for purchase. On both days, there will be mini-presentations showcasing a vendor and/or sponsors that will providing information on what gluten intolerance is and how to change your lifestyle in order to meet your nutritional needs. Attendees will also be able to sign for a 90 day Healthy Body challenge. The first 500 guests on each day will receive a gift bag at the door.`

On Saturday, a women's luncheon will be held with our special speaker: Dr. Peter Glidden (www.DrGlidden.com) who will also be speaking throughout the Expo on the topic “Against The Grain” Why Glute. A gluten-Free menu will be served at the luncheon. Please contact Robin Sturdivant to obtain your tickets (704-953-2466).

Admission is $10 for adults and children are free.

For More information: JC Smith - 704-622-5041

Does anyone have any idea why they would add gluten or a gluten ingredient to any skin care product? I had a friend who told me she couldn't use anything with gluten in it.

**Nikki** Female

I'm not aware wheat is used in skincare and oats are used in some products but a lot of celiacs can tolerate oats. Also you have to actually ingest gluten so wearing/using on the skin doesn't usually cause a problem. Obviously things which may be ingested like lipstick and toothpaste do need considering.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    I'm not aware wheat is used in skincare and oats are used in some products but a lot of celiacs can tolerate oats. Also you have to actually ingest gluten so wearing/using on the skin doesn't usually cause a problem. Obviously things which may be ingested like lipstick and toothpaste do need considering.
    Did you know that anything that has wheat as an ingredient, generally has gluten as well and if it doesn't that is usually stated on the label.

thanks for your reply. It seems to me that lots of ingredients only serve one of two purposes. Either achieving a certain consistency or allowing a product to be full of water or other cheaper ingredients.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by aromatherapist View Post
    Did you know that anything that has wheat as an ingredient, generally has gluten as well and if it doesn't that is usually stated on the label.

thanks for your reply. It seems to me that lots of ingredients only serve one of two purposes. Either achieving a certain consistency or allowing a product to be full of water or other cheaper ingredients.
    Am I wrong in thinking all wheat contains gluten so therefore if it contains wheat it automatically contains gluten? I don't know about gluten in products but I have a friend who is wheat intolerance so I understand about the condition. I am going to look into this more though as you have got my curiosity going.

I agree with your second sentence which is why I try and make a lot of my products now, especially creams and moisturisers, and I am more aware of ingredients in products I buy.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful