Default Can anyone identify my skin condition on face? redness / itch

Untitled222.jpg click picture

Not sure what condition this is so I dont know what forum to put in:

I have redness around my nose area. the rest of my face is normal. i am not sure what how to fix this issue. It sometimes causes itchiness on both to the left and right of the nose but i try not to itch. I also have a dime size red spot on arm that itch.

I have used moisturizers including goldbond redness relief and aveeno but the condition remains!! I have not used any other product to see if it would heal and it still is there.

PLease Help!! thank you

Jake

Hi Jack! Though the picture you sent is confined to small area of your face so comparison with the texture of rest of skin and color is bit difficult . but from the history you have given and what I can see it looks like seborrheic dermatitis to me which is yeast infection presenting as scaling and erythema occurring in seborrheic areas. Antifungal medications like imidazoles cream(ketoconazole,miconazole etc)can be used.

I was going to say the same, probably some kind of dermatitis. Not sure where you are from but calendula creams are great for dermatitis. Neem oil is kind of stinky and most people don't want to use it unless it is a last resort. Don't know about the comparison in costs though. Just another option to try.

**donna hill** Female

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan View Post
    Hi Jack! Though the picture you sent is confined to small area of your face so comparison with the texture of rest of skin and color is bit difficult . but from the history you have given and what I can see it looks like seborrheic dermatitis to me which is yeast infection presenting as scaling and erythema occurring in seborrheic areas. Antifungal medications like imidazoles cream(ketoconazole,miconazole etc)can be used.
    you always give out great information Saiyan!!

And yes Ketoconazole would be a good anti-fungal cream i have used it before and it has worked great on me

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful