Thread: Bump on arm

Default Bump on arm

Hello everyone im new to the forum. I have this bump that has been on the top of my right arm for about 2-3 years now, I have no idea how it came. Its not like a pimple, this bump is hard and doesnt feel like it can be popped. Im attaching a picture to get more accurate responses. Again, Im glad to be a new member of this wonderful forum. Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

**Esther** Female

Hi Deron, and welcome to this forum. I'd like to ask you a few questions. During the last 2-3 years having that bump, has it grow or remains in the same size?.

It is crucial to seek medical advisory as quickly as possible. I can mention several causes why it came: inflammation, allergic reaction (which cannot be accurate, since you have had it for a long time), contusion or even a tumor.

A doctor can remove that bump and proceed a biopsy to determine if some presence of cancer is there. Don't worry, but the sooner, the better. As far as I can see on your picture, it shows a benign tumor. If it is painless and doesn't grow, that is ok. To summarize, I strongly recommend a surgery for a biopsy and verify what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyearth View Post
    Hi Deron, and welcome to this forum. I'd like to ask you a few questions. During the last 2-3 years having that bump, has it grow or remains in the same size?.

It is crucial to seek medical advisory as quickly as possible. I can mention several causes why it came: inflammation, allergic reaction (which cannot be accurate, since you have had it for a long time), contusion or even a tumor.

A doctor can remove that bump and proceed a biopsy to determine if some presence of cancer is there. Don't worry, but the sooner, the better. As far as I can see on your picture, it shows a benign tumor. If it is painless and doesn't grow, that is ok. To summarize, I strongly recommend a surgery for a biopsy and verify what it is.
    The bump has been the same size since it has came, I thought about going to the doctor but I didnt want to go over something so small you know? Whoa the "C" word... Im speechless now

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum Deron. Your lesion look like dermatofibroma to me, which is harmless fibrous growth.

Anyway few questions...
    Does it itch, pain or any other sensation?
    Was tattooing done before or after the lesion. Did the lesion develop following tattoo.
    Do you have such lesion on any other parts of ur body?
    Does the lesion retract/depress or forms a dimple when you pinch it?

Although it does look like harmless dermatofibroma to me, there are several lesions that mimic such lesion and few are harmful and aggressive like Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (usually larger than urs) or other malignant transformations...So would suggest you to visit a dermatologist personally so he can reassure and confirm the case and perform a excisional biopsy if needed.

I have never had any pain or itch associated with the bump. The bump was there before I got my tattoo and I was forced to stop my tattoo right there because of it lol. If I pinch it nothing happens it just stays hard. This is the only place on my body that I have ever had this. But if I press it in hard it does flatten some but eventually goes back to its original shape.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hi again deron! From your description I still think its dermatofibroma, but you may personally visit dermatologist and confirm the case. Online diagnosis may differ from actual personal visit with the dermatologist. Usually in case of dermatofibroma, no treatment is required, if it is cosmetically unaccepted it can be removed with several methods like intralesional steroids, cryotherapy etc.... But complete excision with biopsy is a better approach to avoid recurrence. Be warned, if u see any changes in color, size, shape, associated with pain, itch or infection u must immediately visit dermatologist. If its bothering u complete excision with biopsy can be done so u don't have to worry later....

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful