Default Dry, flaky skin around nose that won't go away

I have dry, flaky skin around my nose, and sometimes what seems like little pimples but not quite...hard to explain. I went to my doctor, about a month ago. He barely looked and said it was dry skin and pescribed e45, no help, nor is valesline or simple mousturiser. I'm convinced it's something more, it's been there months now and it's also red. I 'cover' it with make up but it just clogs in the flaky skin and looks awful. ...help??

I would recommend that you exfoilate your face at least once a week. If you have dry flakely skin no moisturizer is going to penetrate enough to do any good.

I also would not recommend using any petroleum products on your skin. If you skin is really dry use oils or butters. If you are going to use oils splash your face with water and then apply the oil. The butters can go directly on your skin. There are many oils and butters on the market. Google them and pick one that you can buy locally and is appropriate for you skin type.

**Adina** Female

You also should read the information from here.

Default Red flakey skin around nose

Hi Stacey! I have had this for about 7 years now, your case is exactly like mine, I hate looking sick without makeup! Have you found a cure for it!??

**Nikki** Female

E45 is a great cream for what you describe but as stated above you do need to exfoilate to prepare the skin for the E45. Other suggestions of butters and oils are also good but again they will do nothing unless you prepare the skin for them.
    You don't want to exfoilate more than once, possibly twice a week, but go with something not too harsh to begin with so you don't damage your skin.

Just moisturiser doesn't work as it is a disease

**Brenda** Female

lucyrose, sometimes you can help the symptom of diseases. exfoiating the dry skin will help but do it easily. not hard scrubbing. i am not familiar with what your doctor prescribed you. i mean i googled what it is i just have not used it first hand. this a very good sealing ointment but if you are really upset about this make an appointment with a derm.. he/she can tell you one way or another what is causing this to happen. there are too many questions left unanswered. see a derm and please get back with us.

**Carol Belanger** Female

well it could be a number of things such as eczema or something but first I would try a little jojojba oil. IT is most like the skins natural oils and will penetrate into the dermis.

**Alphonso** Male

I've had the same problem and its been going on for about 2-3 years. I'd wake up with flaky nostrils and even the skin around my nose was dry and flaky. I've tried hydrocortisone OTC as well as 1% in combination with clottimazole. Tried using ayr and even some natural remedies, lotions, facial lotions etc. nothing seems to work. Until I started using aquaphor. Used it twice a day. In the am and before bed for 2-3 weeks consistently and it seemed to work for me . It's been 4 months without any flakes. The embarrassment is gone! Try it if you haven't already. Hope it works for you!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful