Default Very oily skin please help

I am 21 years old. I have oily skin. My daily routine includes a gel based face wash and an oil free sunscreen lotion during the daytime. Once a week, I exfoliate my face with a facial scrub and apply a herbal face pack twice a week. Despite of doing all these, my skin is still very oily. How can I control it?

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Oily skin needs special cleansing with plenty of warm water and soap to prevent the pores from being clogged. Choose your cleanser with care and avoid heavy cleansing creams. Avoid the use of harsh soaps or cleansers. Use a pure soap with no artificial additives. Try an antibacterial cleansing lotion or a lightly medicated soap, and use it in combination with water rich in minerals, not tap water. Do not use cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. After cleansing, apply a natural oil-free moisturiser to keep the skin supple. To clear away excess oil, use a clay or mud mask. I suggest that you blend together one teaspoon green clay powder and one teaspoon raw honey and apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse well with lukewarm water. Do this at least three times a week or more. The important key is that you drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and flush out toxins. I hope this helps you with your problem.

Hi there,

try using a benzoyl peroxide face cleanser. benzoyl perozide is pretty drying, so it might help cut down on the excess oil.

thank you ashma and jacob any other suggestions.??

Hi there

Boots No7 Shine Free Make-Up Base is really good, u can use it on it's own or under foundation and it really does stop the cooking oil effect! It's £9.00

All day matte... keep shiny skin under control all day long, with this mattifying oil-free base. Light-reflecting particles help disguise fine lines and flaws, while oil-absorbing Biopol helps minimise blemishes and blot away shine without blocking pores.
    With watermelon and cucumber extracts to help soothe and cool your skin.
    Hypo-allergenic

There are pleanty oil free moisturisers on the market too although I can't recommend a particular brand

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Hi there,

try using a benzoyl peroxide face cleanser. benzoyl perozide is pretty drying, so it might help cut down on the excess oil.
    OMG benzoyl peroxide is a big no-no. Peroxide is a harsh type of chemical. Although you 90% of acne ingredient in the market uses bp, it is actually found to cause SKIN CANCER.

But using drying product to help your situation is a good idea. I suggest using tea tree oil. Love the refreshing smell and anti acne properties.

You need to apply oil control medical gel first. Afterward use nourishing and hydrating masque for long term care such as one from neutroslim

Bold: I've never tried any Boots No. 7 skincare products! is it really that good? When I was at the Boots store in Thailand, the salesladies were really pushing the product. We don't have it in the philippines so I am not familiar with the brand at all.

Tina: I would recommend buying a pack of oil blotting sheets. It's very affordable and light so you can use 2-3 in a day without worrying about shine.

Use only those skin care products that are specially formulated for oily skin types. This would help to keep the oiliness in control.

I have an old jar of mario badescu special healing powder that I used to use when i was pretty oily in my 20's. You can use it to dry up zits (apply it with a q-tip to where u picked it) or to dust over the face before bed. It really works to suck up the oil. Just be careful you dont overdry. I know they still make it since I got an email from them a while ago about it.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful