Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Sores

**** Female

Default Cold Sores

No one has posted about cold sores, that I could find.

Some tips:
    Live culture yogurt can help control outbreaks.
    L-lysine taken internally and topically also can help control and help heal outbreaks.

I get cold sores on my mouth during ovulation and during menstruation. Also, stress can cause cold sores. Being out in the extreme heat or extreme cold also triggers cold sores. Plus, getting sick can weaken your immune system and cause cold sores.

I have found that eating yogurt with live cultures and taking acidophilus pills helps control my outbreaks.

Warning: Do not take L-lysine if you are pregnant. It is an amino acid and it actually causes a barrier in the placenta that prevents other amino acids from getting through! When pregnant, only use L-lysine topically.

A simple trick to making a cold sore heal much faster is to dab a bit of toothpaste on it before going to bed or whenever you aren't out in public. It will only work with the old fashioned paste kind, not the newer gels or anything. I had an aunt and a sister who both suffered from frequent cold sores and this trick works like a charm.

nice tips thanks for sharing

**** Female

Great tip! I had never heard of that one. I have heard about crushing up aspirin and making it into a paste. Same idea as the toothpaste... apply at bedtime or when you are not going out in public. When I used this method, I found it helped with the pain, but not with the healing time.

When I have this, it's because I've eaten too much chocolates or peanuts. Anyway, I don't dab on toothpaste, but I do dab on mouthwash. It will sting (does the toothpaste or aspirin mask sting?) a bit but the effect is instant. The longer you burn the cold sore with the mouthwash, the faster it will shrink. I heard that gargling with salt and water also helps.

**Erica** Female

I've tried everything to stop the out break and shorten the healing time but nothing seems to make a big difference, not even straight bleach. (yes, I did) - To minimize outbreaks, make sure you eat foods high in lysine like yogurt, cheeses, many dairy products AND avoid food s that are high in the amino acid argenine. (Like peanuts and chocolate.) When you do opt for the chocolate and nuts, make sure to take a Lysine supplement to keep your lysine levels higher than the argenine levels.. I'm down to two Outbreaks in 12 years now...and those came when I was really worn down.

**Brenda** Female

the lysine topical helps but there are products out there to help cold sores heal more rapidly. one is abreva. it is sold over the counter in the usa. it is a little expensive but my customers buy it on a regular basis. i don't know the clinical termanology but it works as an anti viral and surrounds the sore so it doesn't keep growing to the bursting point. it is over the counter.

Hello, cold sore can be prevented but not all the time. their very painful :S

**Rossy Varela** Male

great tips thanks for shearing. i follow this tricks

**Peter** Male

I have had an outbreak of herpes and I am using a treatment for herpes lysine-based and I have been able to control the outbreak. I hope not to have more outbreaks.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast