Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Default Skin protection from Sun Exposure

I have tanning due to excessive exposure to the sun. I am so worried about my dark skin. Can anyone tell how to protect my skin from sun's UV rays??

Simply staying in the shade is one of the best ways to limit your UV exposure. If you are going to be in the sun, “Slip! Slop! Slap!® and Wrap” is a catch phrase that can help you remember some of the key steps you can take to protect yourself from UV rays:
    - Slip on a shirt.
    - Slop on sunscreen.
    - Slap on a hat.
    - Wrap on sunglasses to protect the eyes and skin around them.

**Emily Kristina** Female

To protect yourself from sun it is mandatory that you wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or above prior to 30 minutes when you go out in the sun. Also wear sunglasses and hat to protect eyes from harmful UV rays.

**Steve Xavior** Male

Use clothes and goggles. Cover your face with cloth masks and cover your eyes with goggles. It will make your skin from ultra violet rays.

**Steve Xavior** Male

you have use a quality sunscreen and also cover your face to protect your skin .

**marclewis** Male

Don't forget to use sunscreen every day of SPF 30 or higher.

Skin cells called melanocytes respond to UVR by increasing the skin's pigmentation, a protective mechanism otherwise known as tanning. But the exact details of the early stages of the response to UVR are poorly understood. Now, researchers from Brown University have identified key elements of the UVR-activated pathway in skin.

The researchers identified a specific protein involved in mediating the skin's response to UVR as well as some downstream elements in the pathway. Intriguingly, their data suggest that, in melanocytes responding to UVR, the signal transduction cascade (the process by which an external stimulus leads to a response inside a cell) resembles a light-activated pathway in the eye.

More research is needed to identify other key players in this newly characterized UVR response pathway. As these remaining gaps are filled, researchers can use the information to develop better methods for protecting the human skin from the damaging effects of sun exposure.

Don't forget to wear sun glass. Apply good quality of sunscreen lotion before going to outside. Cover your skin with cotton clothes.

I had a bad sunburn recently and it took almost a week for the skin on my face to look normal. My arms still look darker than other areas. I guess more time is needed. However, I began to use Aloe Vera gel since the sunburn. I guess anyone who is going in the sun for long can use some aloe vera based gel.

**Sophia Lewis** Female

Use sunscreen products like SPF 30, 45, or more always use hat and umbrella whenever you go outside in the sun, wear full sleeves tops, and stay away from direct sunlight.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast