Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Some Causes of Eczema

No specific causes are absolutely clear, but we do know that the tendency to get eczema is hereditary.

Irritants like tobacco smoke, chemicals or solvents, even weather (hot, humid conditions or cold, dry ones) can aggravate eczema. Allergens as well - like dust mites, moulds, plant pollens, pets and any number of pollutants - can trigger an outbreak. It’s important to take notice of any allergies & sensitivities and avoid them.

Stress can also make eczema worse or trigger a flare. Unfortunately, the very fact that eczema and it’s itchiness can cause stress makes it that much more difficult to cope.

An individual’s sensitivity to certain foods can trigger eczema. Among those most suspect are dairy and wheat products, citrus fruits, eggs, nuts, chemical food additives, preservatives and colourings. Not all of the foods, irritants or allergens listed may aggravate your eczema.

**** Male

Irritants alike tobacco smoke, chemicals and solvents, even climate could exasperate eczema. Allergens besides - like dust mites, moulds, plant pollens, pets and any number of pollutants - could trigger off a eruption. It’s important to take notice of any allergies & sensitivities and avoid them.
    Stress can also make eczema worse or trigger a flare. Unfortunately, the very fact that eczema and it’s itchiness can cause stress makes it that much more difficult to cope.

Yeah that's true. In my case, it's excessive heat or a sudden change in temperature. I get eczema even when in an air-conditioned room, it's crazy! Certain food like mangoes, peanuts, egg yolks, chicken, and eggplant also make me itch sometimes. And stress does contribute to my condition although I have a higher stress level so I have to be really frazzled for my eczema to be worse.

I also stay away from anything with coloring. SO my soap. shampoo, lotion are all white. My dermatologist even advised me to drink 7Up of Sprite instead of Coke and Root Beer because food coloring is bad for patients with eczema.

**** Female

My eczema is triggered by refined sugar, carbonation, acidic foods, eggs, and possibly my cats. So, we are finding a home for the cats. I am allergic to them. So sad!

**** Female

One of the many reasons can be improper functioning of immune system. Exposure of skin to a particular type of cream, cosmetic, soap, detergent, cloth or even because of changes in the temperature can also cause eczema. Sometimes it may even occur because of extreme stress. It can occur on any part of body but it mostly occurs on hands, neck and face.

Based on my understanding, i believe eczema is caused by excess or lack of hormones. And so lack of hormones such as thryoxin could reduce circulation and thus waste products are not properly removed from the skin leading to eczema

Doctors do not know the exact cause of eczema, but a defect of the skin that impairs its function as a barrier, possibly combined with an abnormal function of the immune system, are believed to be an important factors. Studies have shown that in people with atopic dermatitis, there are gene defects that lead to abnormalities in certain proteins (such as filaggrin) that are important in maintaining the barrier of normal skin.

Some forms of eczema can be triggered by substances that come in contact with the skin, such as soaps, cosmetics, clothing, detergents, jewelry, or sweat. Environmental allergens (substances that cause allergic reactions) may also cause outbreaks of eczema. Changes in temperature or humidity, or even psychological stress, can lead to outbreaks of eczema in some people.

Default Eczema - your bodies immune response

Hello All,
    I've recently suffered from a small acute case of ezcema. My diet hadn't changed nor was I exposed to a different environment (toxic, chemicals, pollutants), so I was baffled as to why my body was reacting this way. After trying topical creams and getting nowhere I decided to look towards alternative options.
    The only thing that was different was that I was also having some chronic digestive issue at the same time that the ezcema was discovered.I figured that these two had to somehow be related.
    After some considerable time researching this relationship I came to discover your intestinal living can become porous (through poor diet, stress, intestinal flora imbalance) and allow toxins and waste to enter your bloodstream. This triggers an immune response in the body. Since toxins are in our bloodstream, they need to be released, hence a red itchy patch of skin is where these toxins have been released through the capillaries/surface of our skin.
    Even if you don't have digestive issues, I do believe that ezcema is an auto-immune response from the body. In my case, I've supplemented with probiotics high in bifidobacterium. It's helped me. No more eczema.

Hello guys!

there's no unnatural remedies for eczema...mostly of them are natural...
    healthy life style could work one of this is avoiding those bad habit like smoking and drinking alcoholic drinks..just eat healthy foods.take time for exercise and also proper time for sleeping or rest.

I have seen many children who have eczema.Are there any products for them as well.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast