Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what is the best cream for hyperpigmentation

i got dark patches on my legss thigs.Iy looks like hyperpigmentation. what is the best cream for hyperpigmentation. I live in bangladesh. Meladerm isnot available in this country. Can i use Mederma stretch mark removing cream?Pls help me..

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well... welcome to dermatalk. So were those pigmentation recently seen..? or its been years..? do they fade during winter and distinct during summer..? Do they itch..? Do these areas frequently exposed to sun..? Yea its good to find the cause of hyperpigmentation before applying any medications, because dark spots on legs /thigh or the areas that are not frequently exposed to sun light might sometimes be the skin manifestation of any systemic disease.
    There are many medications containing either hydroquinone (spotclen), Kojic acid, tretinoin, corticosteroids( Mometasone furoate: Brand- Elocon ), glycolic acid, and azelaic acid or in combination of these, which will fade away the dark spots and are available over the counter in drug stores or prescription.

Default RE: what is the best cream for hyperpigmentation

deepak thanks a lot for your information.But my question was can i use mederma for my dark patches on the skin? is it good for hyperpigmentation? these pathes here on my skin for a long time its not seasonal.Those lightening product that you referred combination of those what is the name of that product? can you refer me any brand?Any known brand like ola, palmers fade out......

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Mederma is a scar fading cream. I don't think its effective for treating hyperpigmentation. As already said i would first confirm the cause of hyperpigmentation. Then if its just a skin pigmentation i would go with any products containing either of the above. Well i'm not sure what brands are available on Bangladesh. Let me search and i'll post it later.

Default RE:what is the best cream for hyperpigmentation

Cause of my pigmentation might be lack of shower.I didnt use to wash my body that much previously, may be yrs back. Then i saw some dirty dark patches evolved on my screen.Can you refer me any lightening product?Waiting for your feedaback.

**Dr AJAY YADAV** Male

hmm
    as u mention that u have so many option are thr but what i had seen in my practice its always good to treat hyperpigmentation with kojic acid give best result
    apply it 3 times in day on affected area .
    thanks
    dr ajay

Quote Originally Posted by soulfree View Post
    Cause of my pigmentation might be lack of shower.I didnt use to wash my body that much previously, may be yrs back. Then i saw some dirty dark patches evolved on my screen.Can you refer me any lightening product?Waiting for your feedaback.
    Pigmentation is not because of lack of showering. It is caused from the sun. There are many products out there than can help you. You are going to have to get rid of the pigmention with most likely starting with a peel, depending on the amount of damage you have done to your skin.

I would suggest you start with a very good regime such as Obaji. They have entire regimes that you can follow that will take care of your problem. You have to be attentive and follow the directions to the letter. It will take months to repair. After all, you didn't do the damage in one week and it will take awhile for it to repair.

Then you will have to be very proactive in wearing a sunscreen "daily". This is a must. If you don't, all of the repair you will be doing will be for nothing as the sun will just bring it back on.

Keep us posted on your results.

**** Male

Depending on the cause of the pigmentation, must treat it differently.

However, if it is cause by sun, natural born (freckles), aging...etc. there are effective prescription creams available here in the US.

There are even more effective prescription creams available, but must be custom made by a US Pharmacist as these creams are not available commercially.

Obaji, Cellex-C, SkinCeuticals to name a few have very good products for pigmentation as well as other skin disorders.

Default Re:what is the best cream for hyperpigmentation

i am using Eldoquin FORTE Cream 4 percent Hydroquinone? is there any risk using of it? is it good for remoe dark area frm my skin..

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast