Default Your hair needs a little tender loving conditioner.

Hair is like leather. Leave it alone, and it will dry out and look dull. Polish it with oils and it gets silky and supple. For the record, everyone can benefit from a conditioner. The key is choosing the right one and applying it properly. The best formula for your hair is one that suits its current shape Ė normal, damaged, dry, etc.

You can maximize your conditionerís effectiveness by blotting hair with a towel or gently squeezing out excess water before applying it; concentrate on the mid-length and ends, where hair is usually driest. Or try running your fingers through to feel for areas that lack softness. The rougher the hair, the more damaged the cuticle. Thatís where you should target your conditioner. Leave it on a couple of minutes, then rinse with warm water. A treatment mask or oil can add moisture and increase elasticity and shine. Also, check with your stylist. Depending on the condition of your hair, you may want to apply one anywhere from once a month to twice a week.

I understand why so many people say that you can benefit from a conditioner but try as I might, conditioner simply ruins my hair. No matter how long or much I rinse, my hair becomes oily and weighed down. Am I the only one with this issue? I've tried numerous conditioners with the same result.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful