Default 12 month old baby knows how to read already

I am already teaching my baby Ian alphabets now even he is still 4 months old because they said that if you already teach your baby how to read they will already learn and absorb it, in 12 months time you will be shock of the result. I wonder is this really true?

**Brenda** Female

infants and babies do learn at a remarkable rate. allow ian to just be a baby too. you can teach him things but so he will be well rounded you have to allow him to go at his own pace and learn for himself. you can read to him. babies learn a lot just from that. getting him interested in books at an early age will stick with him most of his life.

I agree Brenda. Keep babies minds growing by reading and playing with them. A 4 month old does not know how to read and will not learn how to read. Like I have said before they don't even really sit yet. Babies have to grow and develop at their own pace. What works for one child does not necessarily work for another. As parents we help them grow but we also have to let them be children too. We do them a disservice if we do not allow them to be children and have fun.

Thank you brenda and y34963 for a wonderful advice.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful