Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    **Nikki** Female

Ideally you want pure unrefined shea butter not the commercial products that contain other ingredients.

Before taking any skin care cream or body scrub, the one thing that we should aware of it is the power of ingredients. Some natural oils like jojoba, olive, almond, grape seed, and shea butter that are helpful in resolving the problem of hydration and sebum to some extent must be the content of our skin care cream.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    Ideally you want pure unrefined shea butter not the commercial products that contain other ingredients.
    Shea butter is most important content as it is rich in vitamin E, vitamin A and phytosterols, allantoin and is known as the "gold of the women". But i think other ingredients like apricot extract and other natural oils are also essential for complete nourishment of skin.

Try using almond oil! It moisturizes the skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

Quote Originally Posted by flawless14 View Post
    Try using almond oil! It moisturizes the skin and doesn't cause breakouts.
    I've just started dabbling with DIY skincare. Almond oil is a frequent ingredient in the recipes I've found. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

About shea butter, no amount of benefit can make me "swallow" a pungent scent. Smell is a major part of any product experience for me. Besides, most of the pure natural ingredients are neutral enough even for me. I should live if I skip this one.

I don't really find the smell of shea butter all that bad. I usually put in a few drops of some essential oil though for their properties. I particularly like rose EO in my face products. The smell is heavenly and rose is noted for its awesome skincare qualities.

**** Female

I prefer raw shea to the refined but refined doesn't seem to carry that classic shea scent. Most of your butters will carry the classic scent of what it is. Cocoa, raw, smells just like cocoa should. Kokum is the same Shea, again, the same. Depends on what you can live with and what you can't. And as the poster above noted, EOs are very nice!

Shea butter is also known as 'gold for woman', and having some special qualities to treat better to dry and rough skin with an amazing effects. It can also well nourishes your sensitive skin and remove all the dead

Quote Originally Posted by question8er View Post
    I prefer raw shea to the refined but refined doesn't seem to carry that classic shea scent. Most of your butters will carry the classic scent of what it is. Cocoa, raw, smells just like cocoa should. Kokum is the same Shea, again, the same. Depends on what you can live with and what you can't. And as the poster above noted, EOs are very nice!
    I take it EO stands for essential oils? If so, I might try some citrus ones, or cedar and eucalyptus for DIY body lotions.

I'm not worried about not getting enough vit E in my skincare since I use the pure vitamin oil. I'm definitely through with shea butter. But I love cocoa butter.

**** Female

Siamese, I was talking about Essential Oils. They are fabulous! I use Lavender and Clary Sage as well as Bergamot. I have way too many EOs but they are fun to play with sometimes.
    If you do try them, just a drop at a time and try mixing them.
    I have a book of different EOs that work together in Aromatherapy.

The refined Shea has no smell, by the way. Most butters you will find have little to no smell. It's the unrefined that are a bit more smelliferous.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast