Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    **Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    And finish off with cold water to close the pores.
    ya know this bit is always hit and miss with me, sometimes I remember sometimes I don't, I'm experimenting with a toner at the moment to see if that makes a difference.

x
    Skin is my passion.

**clara kim** Female

I exfoliate once a week but is it bad to use warm water to wash it off?

**** Female

Atm, I exfoliate once a week.
    I haven't used any chemical exfoliants recently because I'm stuck on DIY and haven't had the opportunity to come up with a recipe for something like that.

**Zelda bacon** Female

Ex foliating your skin depends on your age.if you are in your early 20's then ex foliating once a month is al right but if you have touched early 30's you need to exfoliate twice a month because as we age the process of regeneration of our skin decreases. So by ex foliating more we can regenerate the new skin and get off the dead skin .

It is best to exfoliate at least twice a week. If your skin is on the drier side, once a week is enough. Make sure that you use a sunscreen prior to exfoliating for protection.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

If you find you have trouble with redness on your face, rosacea for example, then exfoliating and using warm/hot water on your face is best avoided. your skin will be sensitive and this will only make it worse.

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**vijay kumar** Male

I use a body scrub about once a week, in the shower.

**Genevieve** Female

I agree with you Kelly, exfoliating 1- 2times a week, always leaving3-4 days between treatments is good for your skin unless you have dry sensitive skin. If it's dry and sensitive, then every 10 days is my recommendation and preferably with an exfoliating cream.
    Every 2-4 weeks we have new skin cells( called cellular renewal) that rise to the surface of the skin, so it's important that we remove old skin cells that make the skin look dull anyway. This allows new skin cells to rise to the surface giving our skin a beautiful glow.
    On another note, if you have dark skin, stay away from exfoliating soaps as they can be too harsh for the delicate skin on your face and cause irritation which causes inflammation, resulting in darker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly McKeown View Post
    For me it is about twice a week - I use a normal facial exfoliator and an exfoliating sponge for the face. Just enough to lift dead skin cells leaving smoother softer skin :-)

I dont think daily exfoliation for your face is good for your skin, I recommend twice a week.

Banned
    **Dora Collis** Female

There are two types of exfoliants. First, a "chemical" or "acid" exfoliant does the work for you. You apply it, leave it on the skin, and it works to dissolve the dry skin cells. These exfoliants include ingredients such as Glycolic Acid, AHAs and BHA, and enzymes such as Pumpkin, Papaya, and Pineapple. Try Renée Rouleau Glycolic Serum 10%, 17%, or 20%, and Triple Berry Smoothing Peel. Second, a "physical" exfoliant means that you have to do the work. These exfoliants include facial brushes, sponges, and facial scrubs. Try Renée Rouleau Mint Buffing Beads or Micro Crystal Cream. A combination of both physical and chemical exfoliants will give your skin the best results.

For most skin types, this would be a mild alcohol-free Glycolic Acid Serum or AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) used under a night cream for seven nights on, seven nights off. This way, you're still getting an intensive exfoliation, but you also give your skin a break. You'd combine this with a very mild facial scrub twice a week to lift off and remove the dissolved skin cells.

For sensitive skin, we suggest using the enzymes instead of the acids, as these tend to be gentler on delicate skins.

For severely sun damaged skin, a prescription Retinol is effective because it exfoliates more deeply in the skin.

i feel kinda afraid to exfoliate, i dont know if this really related or not, but i usually got pimple every time i use a facial wash product with scrubs (even if it's the same brand as the non-scrub one), leave alone exfoliation..do u have any suggestion or explanation for my problem?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast