Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    **Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Question advice for dark/tired looking eyes?

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/advice on ways of keeping our eyes looking bright and 'awake' looking?
    My eyes always tend to look tired, dark and my skin around them looks so thin these days, probably due to staying up late and squinting at my phone in the dark.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thankyou.

L.
    x

**Brenda** Female

lucy you just answered your own question. get some good sleep and turn off the phone!! would you rather look tired with circles under your eyes or talk on the phone at night? have to give some things up to be beautiful!!!!( my granddaughter does the same thing!!)she looks tired all the time too. also gave her the same advice. best of luck!!

Good advice Brenda. Sometimes though dark circles are genetic and there isn't much we can do about that. A good concealor works wonders too.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Haha! I guess I did Brenda! Thanks guys. Although was wondering if anyone knew of any natural remedies to make the eye area look a bit more awake and alert? Does the teabag trick work? or eye creams/gels.

L.
    x

**Brenda** Female

yes the tea bag things work. some people here use cold teaspoons. the eye cream with caffeine works also.

Dark circles under the eyes have various causes, such as: lack of sleep, diet deficiencies, allergies etc. The general remedies that will help you get rid of the dark circles under the eyes consist in drinking a plenty of water daily, having a healthy diet in which vegetables and fruits should prevail, getting enough rest and sleep, avoiding cigarette smoking etc.

Yes allergies are a big part of dark circles now that summer is just about here. I am having horrible problems right now with them. I try to drink plenty of water (also good for weight loss). I always eat just whole foods and getting enough sleep, well who really gets enough sleep, lol.

#1 : Apply cool green tea bags over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Other natural remedies for tired eyes include placing black tea bags, cotton balls soaked in cold milk or cucumber slices over your eyes. These home remedies reduce puffiness and that bloodshot look.

# 2 : Splash cold water on your eyes. Continue to do this throughout the day to perk up your eyes and your complexion.

If you don’t get a good night’s sleep, it's much more likely that fluid will collect under your eyes, leading to puffy eyes and dark circles. Aim for eight hours of beauty sleep each night.

Use an extra pillow while you sleep to keep fluid that contributes to puffiness and dark circles from collecting under your eyes.

Pat on a full-spectrum, high-SPF sunscreen around your eyes, and consider wearing sunglasses to give your skin a little extra protection.

Lack of vitamin B and antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E — can lead to dark circles under your eyes.
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 01-09-2013 at 10:45 AM.

**P** Male

Get more sleep

drink more water

with your fingers - start at each of your temples and massage down under your eyes gently each night before bed

rest cold things over your eyes each night - such as a wash cloth, cucumbers etc ...

And of course the green or black tea bags others have mentioned.....

Good luck

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast