Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    **Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Funny that you mentioned the acne being worse when you started a new job, Germaine, as that happened to me too. The stress gets far too much and throw in pressure too and it gets worse and worse I even encountered an ear infection too.
    Not nice.

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**Germaine** Female

That's right Lucy! I never had persistent acne and this is really bad. I know it's bad to over exfoliate but the only way to keep it down is to use a glycolic acid + vit c scrub on a daily basis. Even then, new ones keep popping out. I'm using a gel with camphor + salicylic, keeps it small but still not eradicated. Even though I'm no longer as stressed, the pimples just wouldn't go! I read somewhere that applying vodka may help, ha! I have to keep trying.

**Brenda** Female

germaine, did you give the retin a time to work. sometimes it takes 6 months of use to see any real results. i don't think the vodka will help. do you wear bangs? maybe it is your conditioner or shampoo that you use. make sure when you wash your hair your forehead is rinsed very well. i have been using a sls free shampoo. it has totally gotten rid of the dryness from my psoriasis on my head. i would try the retin a again. give it longer to work. make sure your face is clean from any residue from washing your hair. best of luck.

Really good tips,thanks for the post.

**Germaine** Female

Hi Brenda, thanks for your advice. The problem is my skin didn't react well with the retinA. After just 1 month, my skin became ultra sensitive, blotchy, flaky and was thinned out. I asked the doctor and he prescribed me steroids I didn't like the side effects and stopped. I find that my acne gets much worse during that time of the month and sometimes I get lucky when everything seems to get better for a couple of days and it all gets bad again. But I checked my shampoo and yes, the second ingredient is SLS! OMG. I will change my shampoo and see how it goes. Thanks!!!

**clara kim** Female

you should always thoroughly cleanase your face everyday because clogged pores and germs are what mainly cause breakouts and have a moisturizer that suits your skin. i use the Kinerase Gentle Daily Cleanser due to my sensitive skin its hard to fin good products out there but this seems to work with me the best and i use the clinique clarifying moiturizer with the toner!!

Banned
    **Aydan** Male

The cool tips I would say i will try to follow these tips I was using revitoldirect acnezine cream so far which has also shown me the result but this is new informative article will help me to gid rid of acne very soon

**zha zha** Female

Bought invicible yesterday for my acne scars. The packaging is high quality. Let's see how the stuff works in real . Hope the reviews turn out to be true.

**vijay kumar** Male

OMG I really wanna answer your question because I used to have back acne!!!

Ok so,
    1. I just drank 8 glasses of water per day .
    2. Washed my back every day: with water and a special sop (spectrojel)
    3. Go in the sun it helps!!!

**Joe Buch** Male

Very good tips thank you. Right know i am on Retin a has worked for me very good.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed