Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    **BRTCskincare** Female

There is no proof that coffee is bad for your skin. Some skincare products actually use coffee extract in their ingredients because when combined with other natural ingredients it can actually help prevent pore enlargement.

**kathiny** Female

There are pros and cons in using coffee for skin care.

Pros

- coffee contains antioxidant that can help fight skin cancer.

- some preliminary studies show that topically applied coffee can yield beautiful skin.

Cons

- coffee is a mild diurectic. If drunk in large quantity, coffee can cause dehydration of the skin.

- drinking coffee can interfere with a good night's sleep, which is essential to good skin.

So drinking small amount of coffee shouldn't affect the health of skin. But at large quantity, you should talk to your doctor first to find out if the antioxidant benefit is worth it. There are other ways to prevent skin cancer. One of the best ways is to use a broad spectrum sunscreen everyday even when the weather is cloudy.

the research comes out all the time with mixed results, personally if I drink too much coffee my skin feels tired, so i try to drink no more than one cup a day and drink green tea - makes my skin glow!

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Sleep is very essential for beautiful skin and body.So limit your coffee intake to one cup per day or you can drink green tea instead of it which is good for your skin and immune system. Green tea also benefit your acne problem.

If you drinking 1 time then not bad but drinking too much is bad for health and for skin also.

**Emily Kristina** Female

Definitely, coffee is very bad for our skin. Coffee contains caffeine in it and you drink too much coffee in a day then it cause premature aging. So, its better to avoid it as much as you can to stay young.

I only drink organic coffee, and once a day. I think of the skin does not hurt.

**Emily Kristina** Female

As you know everything is excess is not good for health. So, if you drink a cup of coffee then it is good but If you addict to it then try to avoid it because coffee contains caffeine which is bad for health and it also leads to premature aging, wrinkles and fine lines.

Quote Originally Posted by skincloud View Post
    There are pros and cons when you drink coffee:

Pros:
    coffee contains antioxidant that can help fight skin cancer.

Cons:
    drinking coffee can interfere with a good night's sleep, which is essential to good skin.
    Yes its true that it could help fight cancer but there is a helluv a lot more cons than that as far as skin goes.

First of all its bad for your skin because increases your bodys stress response.

Second it messes with your glucose metabolism and makes you insulin resistant

THIRD it prevents you from getting valuable acne fighting minerals out of your food that can fight acne.

Also it makes you grave sweets and is often mixed with milk both which can cause ACNE.

Im fairly sure there are even more connections between coffee and bad skin but those should be enough to scare you.

**Steve Xavior** Male

I think one cup of coffee in a day is not harmful for the skin . Because my day is not started without coffee. I have not seen any bad effect of it on my face

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast