Default Would Vitamin C lighten/bleach my skin?

Hi all.
    I have a lovely brownish colour (My ancestors are a mix of different light brown asian races and dark african) and i do NOT wish to lightening my skin beacause i love the colur ;).

However I'm currently experimenting with different serums for my skin, and I've heard good of vitamin c for its collagen properties.

I've read on the internet that vitamin C creams are used for ligthening skin.
    Some says it does others no.
    Wikipedia says yes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_whitening

What is your opinion on vitamin c + lightening skin? Is it safe for me in small concentrations?

A vit c serum is wonderful for skin. It isn't used to lighten the skin. It does help to even out your skin out though. It takes at least 30 days to see results.

**** Female

Vitamin C does not lighten skin the way 'hard core' skin lighteners do. From what I understand, all it does is prevent your skin from producing melanin during uv exposure. So it can't really knock you down a few shades or anything like that. You should be just fine!

Besides all that, I've been using one form or another of vitamin C for several years now, and all it's done is erase some of my lighter freckles. No real color change.

**Genevieve** Female

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnation View Post
    Hi all.
    I have a lovely brownish colour (My ancestors are a mix of different light brown asian races and dark african) and i do NOT wish to lightening my skin beacause i love the colur ;).

However I'm currently experimenting with different serums for my skin, and I've heard good of vitamin c for its collagen properties.

I've read on the internet that vitamin C creams are used for ligthening skin.
    Some says it does others no.
    Wikipedia says yes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_whitening

What is your opinion on vitamin c + lightening skin? Is it safe for me in small concentrations?
    Vitamin C serum is a wonderful anti aging product however, it does not lighten the skin. It's more of a skin brightener, a firming anti-oxidant that boost collagen production, improving skin's elasticity and resilience. As the skin ages, circulation within the skin diminishes, depriving skin cells of Vitamin C. So it's very important to add a Vitamin C serum to your skin care regimen, especialy in the morning because it will help to protect against free radicals( unstable oxygen molecules that attack our healthy cells).

Hi,

The best answer was already given by Yogagirl Everything she said was correct, as well as everyone else. Vitamin C will not "bleach your skin" nor will it "lighten" your skin color. Depending on the strength and the way it is formulated, is how soon you will see results. Look for a professional line that carries a Vitamin C serum of at least 10%, the higher the better.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Grapefruit, kiwis, oranges, strawberries, tomatoes and watermelons have great amount of Vitamin C.

Banned
    **Jeff** Male

Absolutely.... Most of the products effect differ from skin to skin.. But there are some for a good result and it's harmless to any skin type that's jarvis cosmetics. I used it not just to lighten my skin but it cured it, the scars at the same time. Don't be afraid to use it, it's well tested by different nationality therefore it's SAFE.....

Carrot is great for that kind of treatment. I rememeber when my mom feed me with it, and after 2-3 months I was brown but I have 100% white skin
    I hope that there will be more discussion about everything.

Hi. Has anyone used hydroquinone?

**marclewis** Male

Try applying lemon juice mix with other ingredients available in every kitchen.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful