So I'm a 20 years on Male and have had close to perfect skin throughout my childhood and teenage years (No Acne). However for around a year from turning 19 onward my skin has just changed so much and im clueless to how to treat it and a result of this is having low confidence, and even effecting my life as I sometimes stay in to hide my horrible skin.

So what is my question? Well since I started getting some very mild spots (nothing serious at all) but I got into the world of cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing and became obsessed with this and actually think I over cleansed my skin which is why I think my skin because even worse. From then on I noticed when ever I washed my face even just with water on a night when I get dry my face would be extremely tight/flakey and you can actually see the flakes skin what is peeling off... you could peel bits of its horrible. The only time my skin feels nice and a healthy balance of oil is later on in the day around 4 hours after being washed.

Now this is where I started moisturizing afterwords to stop the dry skin however it almost never gets rid of the flaking white skin but does help the tightness however then later on in the day my skin is extremely oily/shiny and the day after I will have a face full of whiteheads and spots ( this is the same with every moisturizer ive tried over 20) So what my question is really how do I stop the flakey dry skin without causing oily skin....
To me it seems like I cant win.. I don't moisturize I have dry skin and I moisturize then I have oily/acne skin.

If anybody could help me I would be so great full as I just would love to wake up on a morning and not have to worry and feel horrible about my skin.

The dry flakey skin the the worst on my forehead/nose and cheeks are not as bad. Just for your help my current skin routine is only using a cleanser when I use moisturizer which is normally once a week (when my skin is extremely oily) This is improving my skin and my spots are at a all time low how ever my skins still FLAKEY. I wash my face with water morning and night and even wash with cool water (so its not too hot or cold)