Default Any Ideas on What This Is?

I have had this on my chest and neck for about 5 years or so now and it started off as just a few small spots but in the last few months it has got worse.It has never itched before so i just kinda forgot about it but now its starting to itch a bit.I'm going to go have it looked at if no one here knows what it is.Also it seems that heat makes it worse....it also seems to be kinda "dry".

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hi Blake!welcome to dermatalk. From the picture and description of lesion your condition seems like pityriasis versiolor to me. Wearing loose cotton clothings easy to absorb sweat may be helpful. If the lesions are extensive and chronic taking oral antifungal medicationa(like fluconazole, ketoconazole) along with topical antifungal medications and antihisamines may be helpful. So i would suggest you see a dermatologist near you undergo simple fungal testings and take medications accordingly. hope you keep us updated about how it went.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed