**Brittany** Female

Default Dime to Half Dollar Sized Bumps on Chest, Red, Extremely Itchy (Pictures)

Hello everyone, I'm new here so I'm not sure what information I should include but I'll start from the beginning. Two days ago I started a new job. Before work I took a shower with a regular bar of dove soap, used my regular face wash, though I typically do not use it in the shower, and the same shampoo and conditioner I always use. The only difference in the whole routine is that I put on body splash from bath and body works that I used to wear all the time and haven't worn in a few months. The only thing new that I ingested was a strawberry Lemonade from a cafe at work. Everything was completely fine that day, but I woke up in the middle of the night, around 4am because it was starting to get light outside, scratching. I stopped myself thinking that it was a few mosquito bites and I didn't want them to get huge like they typically do on me. When I woke up again in the morning, I was covered in big, red, intensely itchy bumps on my breast (cleavage area), chest, and one of my shoulders. I took allergy meds yesterday late morning/afternoon to no avail and I've been putting hydrocortisone cream on it since yesterday evening and the bumps have gotten smaller and/or turned into multiple little bumps of different sizes but they still itch like crazy and now it feels like something is crawling on them unless I press on them. Plus it's really irritating to wear a shirt or bra, and to sleep or lay down and the wind really makes them itch even after I get a little relief from the steroid cream. Here are some pictures:

2013-07-03 10.43.52.jpg2013-07-04 09.11.51.jpg
    The first picture is from yesterday morning the second from just now. There are more bumps but I didn't want the pictures to be too risque.

Also note that I do have a history of eczema and seborrhea dermatitis though this looks like none of the two. I have not been around poison ivy and I'm pretty sure that I don't have bed bugs since there are no new bumps and I've never seen anything more than a beetle around. I also had this problem last year on my legs but the bumps were huge, like ten times the size and my sister's building actually did have a bed bug problem so I figured it was that or mosquitoes because the room I was sleeping in didn't have a screen in the window.

Sorry if this is too long! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by hyperballerina9; 07-04-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: correcting spelling =)

Hello, its been long since you posted, but how is it now? it looks like what doctors call allergic contact dermatitis. I had the same rash last summer and doctor prescribed me strong steroid and it was gone with in few days.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed