• Clindamycin

5 17.86%
  • Azithromycin

1 3.57%
  • Others . please list below

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

**Elizabeth Mays** Female

I've never used any of these pills personally but I know people who have. My ex boyfriend was on tetracycline for a while and he had really harsh side effects. He had very bad acne and he was a soccer player so staying out of the sun like doctors tell you to do wasn't an option for him. He had really red skin for a while and his blemishes and break outs on his back never seemed to go away. I don't believe that the pill is the answer.

The 3 more common antibiotics are tetracycline, doxycycline, and minocycline.

Minocycline is the newest among the 3, and has the least side effects. But, in terms on strength, tetracycline and doxycycline still tend to win.

When I was a teenager I was a massive acne sufferer, after what seemed like a gazillion treatments, I was finally given Roacutane (very harsh treatmant) and it worked a treat, sure my skin got dry but meh e45 and vasseline all the way was fine.

yea its makes your skin dry and i also heard it causes hair loss too, did you had any side effects then dry skin ?

Nope nothing else changed at all, just dry skin, which nobody noticed due to the E45 and vasseline (for my lips) that I used to plaster on.

I may have perhaps got a little grumpy, but my skin was clearing up so that counterbalanced it.

I have never been on pills for acne. I have suffered a lot because of them and still continues to be so but I still don't want to be on any chemicals. The only reason being none of them is going to have no side-effects and though I hate pimples and acne I don't want to suffer in any other way because of them.

When I use acne pads, that tends to clear up my face. Thankfully I was fortunate when it came to outbreaks and that my acne wasn't severe.

I think washing our face regularly with nice face wash could reduce them.

Default Tetracycline all the way.

When my Acne would creep up out of no where I would use Tetracycline. Worked ever time for me. I have thankfully been Acne free for sometime now tho.

**** Female

Try prescription medications for acne, like Differin or Clindoxyl Gel.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast