Thread: Cystic Acne

Question Cystic Acne

I have had what I think is cystic acne for the last 10 years, am in my 30's. I have dry sensitive type skin. The acne has left very bad scars, has luckily remained concentrated in my chin area. I have tried facials, chemical peels, laser treatments, nothing seems to remove the red scars. I still get the acne (a few spots on the chin every other month or so). The acne is very deep and painful, attached are a few photos. Do not want to take birth control for the acne and doctors haven't really offered anything else to fix the acne. Any suggestions for A) how to stop it from continually coming back and B) how to help the scars and reduce the redness? Pics included. IMG_0700.jpgIMG_0712.jpg

Hi Gina!welcome to the forum.yes it does seem like inflammed cystic acne which is inflammatory response to pathogenic bacteria prevalent inside the sebaceous gland which is very hard to treat. You seem to have used different treatment methods but monotherapy is not enough.Thus along with antibiotic isotretinoin which is drug of choice must be added for unresponsive cystic acne. But strict contraception is necessary to maintain during and before the therapy due to its severe teratogenic effect. It is also best to avoid pregnancy two years after stopping the drug as well. Recently light therapy has also been introduced with the aim to destroy the oil glands and kill bacteria inside the oil gland as well as improve the appearance of scars caused by acne with varying response.

**Aafaq** Male

Default Body acne

I am 26 years Old. I've SEVERE ACNE on my body; Shoulder, Back, Hips, upper arms & MOSTLY ON MY CHEST. My Body Acne started from the age of 14 & it is growing & spreading with my age. However I also have Facial Acne but they come from time to time & then they go away, they don't leave much scars. While the Acne on my Body is mostly I'm worried about. It spreading & are leaving Very DISGUSTING SCARS. Some are small plain black spots many of them have became KELOIDS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! I' VERY DESPERATE & FRUSTRATED bcoz of this Gift from GOD. PLZ IF THERE IS SOME WHO KNOWS THE TREATMENT OR WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS PLEASE HELP ME!!!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed