Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Care for excessively dry hair.

    Dry hair is the result of inadequate sebum production. The result is a taut scalp and dull and brittle hair. Such hair-type is prone to tangle and hair loss. The best remedy for this is an intensive conditioning shampoo, specially formulated to give a softening effect and to enhance hair pliability.

    Moreover, regular massaging of the hair roots too shall bring back the lost sheen.

    Hair experts always advise at least a weekly oil-massage of hair.

  2. #2

    **Marilyn Gifford** Female

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Very few people have 'virgin' uncolored hair and this can be a huge problem too

    Quote Originally Posted by aliva View Post
    Dry hair is the result of inadequate sebum production. The result is a taut scalp and dull and brittle hair. Such hair-type is prone to tangle and hair loss. The best remedy for this is an intensive conditioning shampoo, specially formulated to give a softening effect and to enhance hair pliability.

    Moreover, regular massaging of the hair roots too shall bring back the lost sheen.

    Hair experts always advise at least a weekly oil-massage of hair.
    Really DRY hair is a problem because we are living in a chemical world and most of us are chemical girls.
    I talk about some super conditioners (that aren't heavy) such as L'oreal's nature's choice and other things you can do to get moisture back in and avoid breakage on my blog

  3. #3
    Banned
    **Breonna Jackson** Female

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Dry, weak and brittle hair are prone to breaking and require a conditioner for breaking hair developed to repair protein structure and infuse moisture. Sun-damage, hair coloring, chemical treatments like straightening, relaxing and perms, and heat-damage from styling, deplete hair of moisture and break vital elastic protein cellular connectivity.

    Argan Oil is a naturally-derived oil from the Argan plant indigenous to Morocco. It has been "discovered" as one of the best hair treatments available for its natural ability to infuse moisture, is absorbed quickly and adds instant shine. Several brands - "Morrocan Oil", "Marrakesh Oil" - provide 100% pure Argan oil, but we have seen improved results (and customer feedback) with formulations that include Hemp Seed Extract and Dimethicone. Argan Oil provides nourishing benefits, reduces frizz, and helps protect from heat damage while styling.

    Use conditioning products before using heated styling tools. "A gel or mousse alone isn't enough to protect the hair," he says. "If you normally use a gel before blow-drying, apply a repair cream, heat-protecting cream or leave-in conditioner first." Use it sparingly, especially on the ends, but don't forget it. "You don't want to make your hair heavy or gunky," he says, "but more importantly, you don't want hot rollers applied directly to the ends of your unprotected hair."

    Jojoba Oil is also naturally-derived, developed from a shrub indigenous to the western U.S. Jojoba Oil mimics sebum in its properties and is used to enrich hair products for increased cleansing and moisturizing strength. Though considered most useful as an added cleanser in tis pure form, it is also helpful for fighting dryness by increasing hydration.

    Emu Oil - Used for thousands of years by the Australians, Emu Oil is a deep penetrating, natural moisturizer. It is found commonly in the best shampoos and conditioners, but it can be used alone or with Vitamin E additives as a hair treatment. It is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and is often used to treat scalp psoriasis, eczema, irritation and inflammation.

    Rice protein and corn protein are two of the most effective protein active ingredients because they target different objectives. Rice protein is capable of penetrating the shaft and supplements the bulb and root by strengthening and aiding to rebuild damaged hair. Corn protein focuses on protection and adds shine and smoothness to the follicle. Each have different molecular weights and different jobs.

    Brittle hair can be improved by avoiding the use of shampoos that contain alkaline or alcohol. It is also best that you protect your tresses from excessive heat especially exposure under strong sunlight because this can dry your hair and make it even more brittle.

    Regular trimming is the best way to get rid of split ends. Aside from that, it is necessary to use a leave-in conditioner frequently and deep conditioner at least once a week to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.

    When swimming, protect your hair from chlorine from swimming pools by wearing a swimming cap. Do not forget to rinse before and after going into a pool to minimize absorption of chlorine in your hair.

  4. #4

    **Marilyn Gifford** Female

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default I heart Morrocan Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by breonnajackson View Post
    Dry, weak and brittle hair are prone to breaking and require a conditioner for breaking hair developed to repair protein structure and infuse moisture. Sun-damage, hair coloring, chemical treatments like straightening, relaxing and perms, and heat-damage from styling, deplete hair of moisture and break vital elastic protein cellular connectivity.

    Argan Oil is a naturally-derived oil from the Argan plant indigenous to Morocco. It has been "discovered" as one of the best hair treatments available for its natural ability to infuse moisture, is absorbed quickly and adds instant shine. Several brands - "Morrocan Oil", "Marrakesh Oil" - provide 100% pure Argan oil, but we have seen improved results (and customer feedback) with formulations that include Hemp Seed Extract and Dimethicone. Argan Oil provides nourishing benefits, reduces frizz, and helps protect from heat damage while styling.

    Use conditioning products before using heated styling tools. "A gel or mousse alone isn't enough to protect the hair," he says. "If you normally use a gel before blow-drying, apply a repair cream, heat-protecting cream or leave-in conditioner first." Use it sparingly, especially on the ends, but don't forget it. "You don't want to make your hair heavy or gunky," he says, "but more importantly, you don't want hot rollers applied directly to the ends of your unprotected hair."

    Jojoba Oil is also naturally-derived, developed from a shrub indigenous to the western U.S. Jojoba Oil mimics sebum in its properties and is used to enrich hair products for increased cleansing and moisturizing strength. Though considered most useful as an added cleanser in tis pure form, it is also helpful for fighting dryness by increasing hydration.

    Emu Oil - Used for thousands of years by the Australians, Emu Oil is a deep penetrating, natural moisturizer. It is found commonly in the best shampoos and conditioners, but it can be used alone or with Vitamin E additives as a hair treatment. It is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and is often used to treat scalp psoriasis, eczema, irritation and inflammation.

    Rice protein and corn protein are two of the most effective protein active ingredients because they target different objectives. Rice protein is capable of penetrating the shaft and supplements the bulb and root by strengthening and aiding to rebuild damaged hair. Corn protein focuses on protection and adds shine and smoothness to the follicle. Each have different molecular weights and different jobs.

    Brittle hair can be improved by avoiding the use of shampoos that contain alkaline or alcohol. It is also best that you protect your tresses from excessive heat especially exposure under strong sunlight because this can dry your hair and make it even more brittle.

    Regular trimming is the best way to get rid of split ends. Aside from that, it is necessary to use a leave-in conditioner frequently and deep conditioner at least once a week to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.

    When swimming, protect your hair from chlorine from swimming pools by wearing a swimming cap. Do not forget to rinse before and after going into a pool to minimize absorption of chlorine in your hair.
    I agree, I haven't posted anything on it yet, but Morrocan oil is a MUST for my hair and it's baby fine and oily...still it works with me and has helped changed the condition over time!
    Last edited by marilyn33; 10-04-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling error

  5. #5
    Banned
    **Breonna Jackson** Female

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marilyn33 View Post
    I agree, I haven't posted anything on it yet, but Morrocan oil is a MUST for my hair and it's baby fine and oily...still it works with me and has helped changed the condition over time!
    Yes it is!! It works for me too...

  6. #6
    vjykmr89's Avatar
    **vijay kumar** Male

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    My hair is very dry also I absolutely love sunsilk tlc shampoo and conditioner but make sure you get the TLC one!

  7. #7
    pepsimax's Avatar
    **Nikki** Female

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by breonnajackson View Post
    Dry, weak and brittle hair are prone to breaking and require a conditioner for breaking hair developed to repair protein structure and infuse moisture. Sun-damage, hair coloring, chemical treatments like straightening, relaxing and perms, and heat-damage from styling, deplete hair of moisture and break vital elastic protein cellular connectivity.

    Argan Oil is a naturally-derived oil from the Argan plant indigenous to Morocco. It has been "discovered" as one of the best hair treatments available for its natural ability to infuse moisture, is absorbed quickly and adds instant shine. Several brands - "Morrocan Oil", "Marrakesh Oil" - provide 100% pure Argan oil, but we have seen improved results (and customer feedback) with formulations that include Hemp Seed Extract and Dimethicone. Argan Oil provides nourishing benefits, reduces frizz, and helps protect from heat damage while styling.

    Use conditioning products before using heated styling tools. "A gel or mousse alone isn't enough to protect the hair," he says. "If you normally use a gel before blow-drying, apply a repair cream, heat-protecting cream or leave-in conditioner first." Use it sparingly, especially on the ends, but don't forget it. "You don't want to make your hair heavy or gunky," he says, "but more importantly, you don't want hot rollers applied directly to the ends of your unprotected hair."

    Jojoba Oil is also naturally-derived, developed from a shrub indigenous to the western U.S. Jojoba Oil mimics sebum in its properties and is used to enrich hair products for increased cleansing and moisturizing strength. Though considered most useful as an added cleanser in tis pure form, it is also helpful for fighting dryness by increasing hydration.

    Emu Oil - Used for thousands of years by the Australians, Emu Oil is a deep penetrating, natural moisturizer. It is found commonly in the best shampoos and conditioners, but it can be used alone or with Vitamin E additives as a hair treatment. It is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial and is often used to treat scalp psoriasis, eczema, irritation and inflammation.

    Rice protein and corn protein are two of the most effective protein active ingredients because they target different objectives. Rice protein is capable of penetrating the shaft and supplements the bulb and root by strengthening and aiding to rebuild damaged hair. Corn protein focuses on protection and adds shine and smoothness to the follicle. Each have different molecular weights and different jobs.

    Brittle hair can be improved by avoiding the use of shampoos that contain alkaline or alcohol. It is also best that you protect your tresses from excessive heat especially exposure under strong sunlight because this can dry your hair and make it even more brittle.

    Regular trimming is the best way to get rid of split ends. Aside from that, it is necessary to use a leave-in conditioner frequently and deep conditioner at least once a week to keep your hair healthy and moisturized.

    When swimming, protect your hair from chlorine from swimming pools by wearing a swimming cap. Do not forget to rinse before and after going into a pool to minimize absorption of chlorine in your hair.
    Yet another copy and paste.

  8. #8

    **Richard Medblock** Male

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hello, My hair is very greasy.

  9. #9

    Default

    I know Nikki. Copy and pasters !! All one needs to do for dry hair is to use a great shampoo and conditioner. I have been using Ojon for awhile now and recommend any of their hair products.

  10. #10
    Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and eat Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet.


    • Advertisers

      Adsense

      Name:Google Adsense
      Location: USA
      Status: Advertiser
      Mood: Cheerful

      Online

      ______________________________
      This advertising will not be shown to register members.
      Register your free account today and become a member on DermaTalk
       

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hair Care Tips
    By lockelily in forum Hair Care Tips and Product Review
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-07-2018, 09:01 AM
  2. Hair Care Tips
    By mojowowo in forum Hair Care Tips and Product Review
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 11:25 AM
  3. Some Tips for Hair Care
    By rasyid in forum Hair Care Tips and Product Review
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  4. Natural Hair Care Tips - Herbal Home Remedies for Hair Loss
    By ethan2010 in forum Hair Loss Open Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM


About DermaTalk

    DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links



This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed