Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I am starting to lose hair,please help

Hi, I am with curly hair. I used to have thick hair but lately I am starting to lose hair. I am afraid that I am going bald. My curly hair has also straightened giving it a rough straw like look. How can I get back my curls without using any machines or gadgets? Also why doesn’t my hair become curly like it used to while wet? Is it true that if you sleep with your hair loose, hair gets pressed and straightened? Please help.

**Ashma Sherchan** Female

Since you have curly hair, don't wash it everyday. Washing your hair everyday will more dehydrate the hair and make it more frizzy and unmanageable. You need to use moisturising shampoos and leave-in conditioners. You must be losing hair due to the change of weather. Often women with curly hair think that they look good only if they keep their hair long, but that’s not true. You should always trim your hair every 10 weeks to keep it looking healthy. To get your curls back, cut your hair in layers. Layered, short styles prevent hair from spilling outwards. If your curls have gone flat overnight, you don’t need to restyle it again. Just tip your head upside down and massage the hair near your scalp in a circular motion, this generates volume at the roots, and wakes up your look.

Thank you ashma for your suggestions. are you from nepal .do you own a beauty clinic in nepal.

Any other suggestions from other members would also be great.

Yes, trimming the hair every 2 months is a must.

Subhavree, how old are you?
    Do you eat a lot of fish? I was searching a bit about heavy metals (mercury, arsenic..) poisoning lately, and loosing hair is one symptom. Heavy metals may be determined in a sample of hair.

Any health-related symptoms like fatigue or anything?

i'm 23 yrs old now and i don't eat lots of fish.No i don't have any health related disease or symptoms till date.

**** Female

Vitamins not only have effect on the colour of our hair but also on the entire hair history. For dry, scanty and falling hair you should have plenty of fruits and vegetables. Leafy vegetables are best recommended, you could add more of spinach and (methi) fenugreek leaves to your diet. Best recommended fruits are amla and mangoes.

**Dennis** Male

My dad has same problem and I was looking a lot about it.
    First at all,it can be genetic. If someone in your family had same problem maybe you got it too.
    If you are using so much gel for hair or hair spray, stop to use it.
    About washing your hair, don`t wash every day. Wash every 2-3 days. Don`t care if your hair is greasy. Don`t care what people say, it`s about your hair.
    If you are losing hair, go right now in shop and buy shampoo for hair of nettle.

I said it to my dad and his hair losing is now smaller. It will help to you too. Follow this tips and tell to us hows going...
    Thanks!

- Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis; 07-04-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: wrong spell

Never heard of Nettle shampoo thanks dennis i'll check this out in stores.

**Dennis** Male

Well, shampoo of nettle is on natural base. It`s really good shampoo and it will help you. It helps to everyone with your problem. Try it, you can`t lose anything if you spend 3$-4$-5$ for that product. It can really help you. And also, don`t use some softener dryers for your hair in this time, it`s really important.

I hope I helped you somehow, if you want to talk alone about this problem, you can PM me, or add me on MSN and Skype.

Thanks!

- Dennis

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast