Thread: robehou

**** Male

Post robehou

Hi, I'm an RN. Ive been one in critical care for almost 30 years. Now I have plaque psoriasis eating all my good skin away.

It's out of control. In the past, it was cured be Enbrel. Now, I'm not working and have lost healthcare insurance.....presently my Dr. insists on methotrexate prior to Enbrel. ( I have to have proven failed on methotrexate before they will pay for Enbrel)

Question: Does Methotrexate work? If it works, how are the side effects??

Hello there robehou, nice to meet you. I have only recently joined myself and you have come to the right place, this forum is amazing! i hope to see you around

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hi RN welcome to the forum. Please do post in related forums i hope you'll sure get the reply. Thankx for joining dermatalk skin care community.

Hello RN welcome to the forum.Hope you'll find some good help for your psoriasis here.

welcome to the forum,though its late. yea Methotrexate does work. one of my friend is using with success results.

**Dennis** Male

Hello robehou, nice to see you around here. I hope we`ll help you with all our power.
    Thanks for coming!

- Dennis

**Brenda** Female

welcome robehou, methotrexate might work. it is just a step behind enbrel has almost the same side affects so be careful to follow the directions carefully. i can fully feel your pain. i just started with psoriasis and it is spreading all over my body. i am tring the coal tar and zinc but it is getting a way from me. i don't take any pills yet because i know mine is stress related and i am hoping the otc drugs help. by the way i work at a pharmacy that a lady had psoriasis prescription for dermazinc with betamethasone. it used to be only available from dermatologists but now they can prescribe it and a compound pharmacy can make it up for you. good luck

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed