Default How to practice safe sun?

Sunlight exposes you two kinds of rays; UVA that ages your skin, and UAV that burns your skin. I think of A for aging and B for burning. Right!

Although UVA rays are more intense, there are less of them hitting your skin. For every 1,000 UAV rays, there is may be one UVB ray. Plus, at the beginning and end of the day, there is very little UVB reaching your skin.

Most sun creams focus on blocking the UVB rays. Yet it’s UVB that makes vitamin D in your skin. And the bulk of the scientific evidence indicates that melanoma and basal cell cancers are related more to UVA rays than to UVB. Although UVB is bad in excess, it’s actually UVA that you need the most protection from.

My question is,

How do you defend yourself against the aging & cancer-promoting effects of UVA rays, the burning effects of UVB rays, and still produced enough vitamin D for cancer protection?

first off, i make sure that i don't get too much sun exposure. study shows that you only need about 30 minutes of sun exposure to get enough vitamin D! and if i will be out in the sun for longer than that, i wear sunscreen.

and of course, there are always vitamin supplements that have vitamin D in them

I am using moisturizers with SPF to protect my skin. I also have supplements containing Vitamin D. I go on walking early in the morning to expose myself to the sun to get Vitamin D. But take note, I do that early in the morning during my walking exercise.

I think u should start having tomato in ur diet every day it really works!!!!

tx,
    Last edited by Ashu; 08-25-2008 at 05:35 PM.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful