**Carol Belanger** Female

Default Home Recipe to Fight off Mosquitoes - easy, natural and eco-friendly!

Here is an eco-friendly recipe to ward off mosquitoes this summer!

Common essential oils for mosquitoes are: Cinnamon, Lemon Eucalyptus or regular Eucalyptus, Citronella, and Lemongrass.

Recipe: In a spray bottle, mix 20 to 25 drops of essential oil (cinnamon, eucalyptus, citronella, or lemongrass) with 2 tablespoons of carrier oil such as olive oil, and shake well. Apply directly onto your skin and clothing, avoiding the sensitive area around the eyes.

Another way to repel insects when you are out enjoying nature is to add a few drops of essential oil to your shampoo and liquid soap. The aroma of the essential oil will offset the added perfumes and fragrances that attract insects.

Essential oils are nature's gift to us. They provide an alternative to chemical laden products that harm our bodies and our environment. With Earth Day just around the corner, consider more eco-friendly products in your home and in your lifestyle.

You can get sample vials of essential oils starting at less than $1! Great for experimenting with - visit Essential Wholesale

Author of 300+ Skin Care Recipes

**Brenda** Female

i didn't know that cinnamon was something mosquitos didn't like. thanks for this receipe. i actually have all those oils.

me too. I absolutely HAVE to try it, mosquitoes seem to love my blood.

This is a great share! My kids are always suffering from mosquito bites and I've been searching for some natural ways to ward of mosquitoes because I don't want to be rubbing those lotions to my kids every day. I'll try this one.

if you can just run neem (Indian Lilac) over your skin the mosquitoes will stay away no doubts but the skin texture will also improve considerably.

**** Male

Thax for this information.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful