Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry skin

Default Dry skin

My skin is very dry ...I m not overcoming with this problem..
    plz suggest some tips

I give you some ideas pleas try it
    * Apply olive oil and massage gently then leave it for 15 mints
    use this daily morning
    * do facial with curd and tomato paste and leave it for 30 mints then wash with cold water use this for twice a week
    Sure you will get a best result i tried the same

Banned
    **** Female

Default Dry skin

Dry skin looks dull and life less due to lack of moisture. Well hydrated skin glows and exhibits a healthy look. Wrinkles develop at an early age due to prolonged dryness of skin. Dry, rough and wrinkled skin gives an aged appearance. Dry and cracked skin harbor microbes and cause fungal infections. Excess drying of skin leads to dry eczema.

Hence a proper care should be taken to increase the moisture level of skin and prevent drying. Soft, smooth and wrinkle free skin gives young and healthy look.

Use petroleum jelly or heavy moisturizers to massage the skin deeply ever night before sleep and continue using the regular moisturizer every few hours during the day. Avoid oily food and any form of soda as this dehydrates the body and reduces the hydration that reaches the skin.

**Brenda** Female

there are a lot of new creams on the market especially for dry skin. gold bond soothing is good. i just don't know if you should use it on your face. nivea just came out with a new line as well as vaseline intensive care and neutrogena. i wouldn't go overboard with heavy moisturizers. argon oil is a very good moisturizing oil. you could try that. it sinks in and leaves your skin moisturiezed all day.

Petroleum jelly should not be used on the skin.

If you have dry skin use a good moisturizer, there are many good ones out there, day and night. You shouldn't have to put a moisturizer on more than once during the day. If you have to you are using the wrong product so try another one.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day as this will help hydrate your body and skin will not be as dry.

Dry skin is usually sensitive and, since winter tends to worsen the condition,a good moisturiser for dry skin is a mixture of honey, lemon and vegetable oil,apply this mask for 10 minutes,try not to wash it with tap water since it often contains chlorine, fluoride, and other undesirable chemicals. Instead, use cold mineral water or ice made with it, or, better, clean your face with an alcohol-free cleaning lotion, toner, or cosmetic milk, made of natural ingredients,dry skin without causing irritation, while respecting its balance of moisture.

I agree with all of them. In addition to what they have said, why dont you try other products like lotion, there are lots of lotion in the market just exactly for dry skin. You can also consult your nearest relatives and friends about the products that they have already used and the effectivity of such.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    My skin is very dry ...I m not overcoming with this problem..
    plz suggest some tips
    cause of dry skin is dehydration, Drink water at regular intervals each day to prevent dehydration. Use moisturizers throughout the day containing only natural ingredients. to treat dryness include:

• Activation of enzymes that cause rough, dry surface cells to be shed, revealing smoother, softer skin underneath

• Binding of moisture in the upper stratum corneum to keep your skin well hydrated

• Ideal as maintenance treatment for hyperpigmentation

• More even reflection of light, which makes your skin appear smooth and firm

• Supplementation of skin surface lipids which helps protect it from irritation

yes I agree with you.. cucumber is very effective home remedies for removing the black spot from the skin.. You can learn all tips for your skin at skinsheen.com
    Last edited by innebizseo; 09-27-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: better

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

About DermaTalk

DermaTalk is an Skin Care Advice forum and message board dedicated to people for sharing Skin related issues and experiences with community members and get suggestions from expert.

Quick Links

Stay Connected

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed