Default Highly sensitised, intolerant skin. Help!

Hi all. I had a reaction to a product about 7 months ago and my skin (face) has never recovered. It reacts to every product I try either with flushing, heat or a bumpy rash (which you can feel but not see). I can't use any of the products I used to use. I now only use two products; a mild organic gel cleanser and an organic moisturiser (without any essential oils or flower waters). However I am wondering whether these are ok as my skin seems fine when I wash it in the evening but feels bumpy again when I wash it in the morning! Aaargh!

I have tried almond oil, calendula oil, rosehip oil, borage oil and grapeseed oil. I have even tried pure aloe vera gel (the purest I could find). They all make my skin hot and flushed. Today I haven't even washed my face as I'm at the end of my tether. However, if I use only water and don't moisturise this is not going to help my 38 year old hormonal, combination, clogged skin! All the products for intolerant skin have mineral oil and silicone in, both of which seem to clog my pores even more and cause spots. HELP!!!
    Last edited by Alicat; 11-20-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Keep putting in wrong section - confused newbie!

Try washing your face with just oil. Perhaps jojoba oil which is very good for your skin and isn't too heavy. The other oils you have tried are great oils too. Depending where you live you may not need anything else on your face after washing it with an oil cleanser.

Have you seen a doctor? The way you describe your skin it appears to be out of balance so it is very irritated. I suggest you see a doctor as you may have some allergies to outside forces, food, etc.

hi Alicat ! i can completely understand u ,coz i went through the same phase few years back it really feels like hell.Its just that your immune system is highly sensitized now by the product u used few months back so it started reacting to every product u were tolerant before.I guess it takes time for your skin to come back to normal state, but u should be very patient until than ,u should not irritate your skin with any new product and stop experimenting new things coz its going to make the condition worse.i guess we can use mild ph balanced facewash and a water based moistureiser(i used aqua essence of loreal)and good sunscreen while walking out for now and let the skin recover to normal state.But if the condition is really worse you can see the dermatologist and have some patch test and blood test to determine the cause and treat it accordingly.

Thanks both of you. Y34963, I can't tolerate any of the other oils so wouldn't risk trying jojoba. I can't even cope with almond oil!

Saiyan, thanks for the good advice. I know I need to be more patient, something I'm not great at! How long did it take for your skin to recover and is it back to normal now?

yes Alicat it really difficult to mention patience with this condition of skin but don't worry this wont last for ever.i cant say exactly how long did it take for my skin to get back to normal coz its gradual process and i have stopped experimenting with my face now,i have sticked strictly to the basic things and concentrated on protecting it rather than changing it.I am still scared to try all those new products sold in the market.trusting in any new product is very difficult for me coz of this very bad experience in the past.

**Mel** Female

Keep you skincare routine as simple as possible, but perhaps you may need to look at the nutrients you are putting into your body also? A good antioxidant could help.

If your skin cannot tolerate any oils I would recommend that you put absolutely nothing on your skin then. As the oils are natural, you should make sure they are organic, all other products have chemicals which wouldn't help your skin.

I hope you see a doctor as we can only suggest products to try but we are not doctors. If you have something else going on in your body that is manifesting itself through your skin you ought to find out what it is, if anything.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful