Default Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Does it really work on stretch marks?

I have heard that extra virgin olive oil is suppose to vanish your stretch marks. Is there any truth to this before I start dong this?!

**Brenda** Female

i never heard of olive oil working on stretch marks. where did you hear that?

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

I've heard that olive oil can reduce the appearance of scars on our faces, but that is all I've heard. I can't see it being much harm if you did try it?

L.
    x

**Brenda** Female

i haven't even heard it can reduce the appearance of scars on our faces. i know people use it for moisturizing. but it is too heavy for most. thanks for bringing this to my attention. i will check this out.

it only helps to reduce it...

**Rachel** Female

It might be due to the vitamin e, otherwise you might like to look into pure vitamin e oil for stretch marks.

I also have heard about the beneficial effects of olive oil on stretch marks. I guess anything that moistens the skin can be good.

There really any cream that will reduce the appearance of stretch marks. There are lots that make the claim but you are just wasting your money.

If you want to use oil on your skin spritz water on your skin then apply the oil. This helps the oil to absorb into your skin.

I can't see it working - sorry. Oils, cocoa butter, and rich moisturizers are often used to try to prevent stretch marks (by easing the skin) which occur when the body is growing too fast to keep up with skin growth. Those marks are actually a form of deep scar tissue when the skin has 'torn' all the way to the dermis and reformed - tied to the growth spurts of teenage years or pregnancy etc. The lines can fade (time helps!), or look better with some of the newer peptide formulas. (Warning these can be expensive - I'd love to hear from chicks who have tried either Snoxin or Mederma for stretch marks.) Honestly I don't stress mine... I've had them on my hips since I was 15. Lets just call them character lines

**BRTCskincare** Female

Not sure that olive oil is the best solution.Products that contain plant extracts such as lavender oil and other ingredients like shea butter work well to reduce the visible signs of scarring or stretchmarks.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful