Default Very flaky red skin

Hi, I am unsure what is wrong with my skin. I have very red, flaky skin on the sides of my nose, between my eyebrows and on my chin. It used to just be beside my nose and was not as red as it is now. The skin on my chin is quite itchy but maybe that's just because I am rubbing it to get rid of the flaky skin. The pictures attached are of the side of my nose and my chin. Does anyone have any idea what it is, and what could be causing it? I have had it for like 6 months or so.

Oh, and my cheek in the photo is naturally that red colour, so that's not part of the problem.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

You condition looks like seborrheic dermatitis. It is most common on seborrheic areas like hairline, eyebrows,between eyebrows, nasolabial folds, and chin and tends to recur. You may try some anti-fungal preparations creams/ointments containing ketoconazole ( Nizoral) or ciclopirox .. If you have it on scalp too, you may use shampoo containing selenium (Selsun) or containing same ingredients as above. There are many over the counter ointments and creams that can be bought in your local pharmacy. If that doesn't work, you may also want to try low-potent corticosteroids, but not more than a week.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Banned
    **Breonna Jackson** Female

I think its seborrheic dermatitis (common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear. It can occur with or without reddened skin). Consult a good doctor soon!!!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful