**Stevie** Male

Default What is this lump on my nose

Hi folks, long 1st post, sorry lol.

I have suffered from mild acne since I was young, I'm 26 now, I have been on lymecycline for a year aswell as duac cream.

Now I have basically all cleared up, there is one "lump"/bump" on my nose for a year now, it's possibly got slightly bigger, not 100% sure.

Some days it looks red, others skin coloured. It's very firm, doesn't got away when pressed, doesn't hurt, occasionally I think I can feel it a little sensitive. If I take a torch to look at it up close, it looks pretty white, with very very small broken veins they are Unnoticeable without torch though. The bump isn't particularly noticeable somedays, unless the light hits it properly then it is fairly obvious. I'd say it was around 2/3mm in diameter.

I have a link to a recent picture of it.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...6068810EDC.jpg

Thanks

Stevie

**Stevie** Male

I'll add that it doesn't look much in the pic, but is very noticeable if outside

Thanks

**Nikki** Female

Hi Stevie and welcome to Dermatalk. Couple of quick questions. What sort of acne did you have? Was it just little pimples or were some similar to cysts/boils? The area with the bump, can you remember the severity of the acne in that area?
    If possible can you post another picture as that one doesn't actually show the problem.
    Many thanks for your patience.

**Stevie** Male

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    Hi Stevie and welcome to Dermatalk. Couple of quick questions. What sort of acne did you have? Was it just little pimples or were some similar to cysts/boils? The area with the bump, can you remember the severity of the acne in that area?
    If possible can you post another picture as that one doesn't actually show the problem.
    Many thanks for your patience.
    Hi, thanks for the welcome, and the reply, I would say I had pretty mild acne, with an occasional huge cyst like spot, on this particular bit of my nose, I don't remember having anything serious at all. Might have been a small papule. Here's in a couple of more pics.

Really hard to catch how much it sticks out in a pic, but under the right light it is clearly quite a bump.

Cheers

**Nikki** Female

Thanks for your reply. I can see better in those pictures. I am not a doctor but I recognised your description from experience. For hormonal reasons I occasionally suffered from cystic acne and as a result they always left a slight solid bump on the skin. Some would reoccur others not.
    In this country its harder, but you don't want to go down the route of anything drastic so hopefully people can help out with things you could try.

I would say the best thing is to use something like an aha (Alpha hydroxy acid) peel. The strength used at home would work in the way an exfoliater would so don't panic at the word acid. I believe this is the mildest of available peels so best to start with it. I purchase mine from ebay (as you are in the UK I could suggest via pm the seller I use) and the rated sellers list exactly what the product is and how to use it. Normally you'd use it once a week for around 6 weeks, increasing the time you keep it on by a minute each time. Then your skin needs to rest before the next treatment.
    It's also important to maintain a good skincare routine which will prevent further breakouts and over time (don't expect 100% results in a couple of weeks) the bump will even out and overall the condition of your skin should be much better.

Hopefully others can give you advice and one of our doctors can tell you in better detail what it actually it.

**Nikki** Female

Also, I haven't heard of lymecycline but I have used Duac gel.
    Vencasand wrote this is a thread about it, 'duac is made up of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin. the clindamycin can get absorbed in your skin so it kills the infections of pimple before they start. the benzoyl peroxide is the drying agent and also an antiseptic for the skin. i hope it works well on your skin. i used just the plain clindamycin gel and it worked great. don't overdo. a little goes a long way.'

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful