**Michael** Male

Default Can anyone tell me what this rash on my foot is?

Embarrassingly, I spent several months low on cash and ended up wearing the same pair of socks for a very long time. The socks, my feet, and my shoes all smelled horrible. I think this may be connected.

The rash didn't itch much, but I've just begun to care for it by applying an over-the-counter triple antibiotic & pain relief cream with a bandage and that did actually make it itch and I guess a little...'cloudier'? I think it's faded just a tad, but I'm not sure honestly.

ZUI7Ax0.jpg
    dYRuTDG.jpg

I have health anxiety and this is getting to me pretty bad.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum Micheal, so how long have you had this? do you have any lesions on other parts of the body? is it tender on pressing? are you on any medications? are the lesion filled with clear fluid inside or just the bumps? Do you have itching or any lesions on soles and between toe nails?

**Michael** Male

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Deepak View Post
    Welcome to the forum Micheal, so how long have you had this? do you have any lesions on other parts of the body? is it tender on pressing? are you on any medications? are the lesion filled with clear fluid inside or just the bumps? Do you have itching or any lesions on soles and between toe nails?
    Thank you for the reply

I've had this for maybe 2-3 months left alone, and have been using the triple antibiotic on it for about 3-5 days now. I don't believe I have any lesions anywhere else. It's not really tender at all, initially it actually looked and felt more like a burn than anything else I can compare it to. It only hurt if I rubbed it, and 'hurt' here is used lightly. It felt a bit like burning and slight itching. Not very painful though. It was not filled with fluid, it actually looked like a redder version of a rash I will get on my stomach if I wear a metal belt (I assume this is nickel allergy or contact dermatitis?) - but it didn't really itch or irritate me in any way while the stomach rash would itch like crazy. After bandaging it up with that antibiotic cream for a couple of days, it became a lot more fluid-y and itchy.

I don't have any other itching on my feet (that I would presume to be outside of the ordinary, at least). I do have what I have just discovered to be a fungal infected toenail on that same foot though. Years and years ago, I injured my big toe and the nail ended up falling off. It grew back a little ugly looking, but has very slowly normalized (talking almost ten years now). It may also be of note that a vinegar soak has a very dramatic effect on this rash, but I don't know if a vinegar soak has that effect on any rash or not. I will upload pictures of it after soaking if that would help.

I'm a bit surprised that there's not more irritation on my feet honestly, I'm a bit disgusted with myself for how horrible and odorous I let my shoes / socks / feet get over the past few months. I'm just hoping that the two are related so that it might start to heal now.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Doesn't look like any serious condition..could be contact dermatitis. Triple antibiotics alone might not help.. Adding moderate-to-potent steroid cream may do the job.....

These problems ,such like itching or any others are caused by infection of any kind.So you should always use neat and clean socks and also treats your itching place with ant antibiotic.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful