Default Best sunscreen for oily and acne prone skin

My skin is very oily and acne prone.Every sunscreen i try, i feel very greasy. I even bought sunscreen that claims to be non greasy but i still feel greasy. Can u please suggest some good sunscreen with affortable rice tag that are good for oily and acne prone skin. I would prefer sunscreen that are available in india.

Thank you

**John Smith** Male

it is better that first you must go for acne treatment. Usually, sunscreens are oily in nature and once applied they do leave a greasy feeling on your skin.

In acne, oil is produced in excess and you need to control that before you can go for any other skin products.

Hi sanchitra! Yes most of the sunscreen are physical blockers in cream form which may block your pores and aggravate your acne. So you can try using sunscreen in gel form( transparent in appearence)which generally not so greasy . Do not forget to wash it away at the end of the day.

**Lidia Schreck** Female

everyuth and lakme are the best sunscreen for oily skin....................

**Melissa Mellie** Female

Avoid water-proof, sweat-proof sunscreens. Gel formulas usually work well. Physical sunscreens that contain zinc oxide are the best, but they can leave a white cast on brown skin.

There are few sun creams like Lotus Herbals safe Sun, fabindia Vitamin E and Himalaya Protective Sunscreen etc. You could prefer one of them that are suited you.

**Tina Jay** Female

You need to look for non comedogenic ones (not sure I spelt that right) and get one that's specifically for the face as the body ones tend to be more greasy. There are a lot of lighter ones around, gels and sprays. Or find a really good moisturiser with sunscreen in, they're not so heavy and usually have spf15.

**Sharon Gomez** Female

Quote Originally Posted by sanchita View Post
    My skin is very oily and acne prone.Every sunscreen i try, i feel very greasy. I even bought sunscreen that claims to be non greasy but i still feel greasy. Can u please suggest some good sunscreen with affortable rice tag that are good for oily and acne prone skin. I would prefer sunscreen that are available in india.

Thank you
    I am a beautician, as per Indian weather condition specially in summer season I would suggest you to use Suncote Gel SPF 30, Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel PA+++ SPF 50, **** Skin Clinic Daily Use Sunscreen with SPF 15, Ranbaxy Suncros Gel SPF 26, Melascreen Sunscreen Lotion SPF 18, Proactiv Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 30.These are the best herbal products in the beauty market so go for it as they don't have because they are herbal products and very reasonable also, anybody can use these creams and scrubs.

**Tara** Female

Hello Sanchita. Have you heard of micronized zinc oxide? Well, what this means is, during the formulation process, the zinc oxide particles are broken down in such fine particles, it is supposed to go on smoothly and clearly, without the whitish/blue hue it usually leaves on skin. Previously, the biggest problem people have had with zinc oxide sun blocks, is the white streak it would leave behind, not to mention how it would make your skin feel oily or greasy like you stated. The other problem is, because of this greasy feeling, people would fear that the sun block would clog their pores, as Dr. Saiyan stated.

All true, however, it's all in HOW the zinc-based sunblock is formulated. Now-a-days, many cosmetics manufacturers are using the latest advancements in technology to formulate better zinc oxide-based sunblocks that eliminate these problems. Personally, I suggest that if you can, you should always use a WELL FORMULATED micronized, zinc-oxide based sun block designed for your skin type. Be sure to read the label to ensure that it is at least an SPF of 30 or higher, if you wish. Also, with sunscreen gels, you will not get the full, broad-spectrum protection you will get with zinc-oxide. This is because most gels do not contain the physical sun block, zinc-oxide, which is one of the VERY FEW NATURAL broad-spectrum, UVA/UVB protective sun block ingredients available. Titanium dioxide is also a consideration for a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protective sun block - still not available in gel form, though. Another thing to consider is, zinc oxide is great because it is also a skin soothing and calming agent, as it is also used in diaper rash formulas.

Parsol 1789 (aka Avobenzone) is the only other broad-spectrum chemical alternative to natural zinc oxide, that protects from skin damaging UVA AND UVB sun rays. You may be able to find Avobenzone in a gel form. The only concern with this one is the potential for skin irritation - but still a better choice than using a sunscreen with the following sunscreen chemicals listed below. Remember Sanchita, the following list of ingredients are the most common chemical sun screen agents typically found in sunscreens on the market - and these DO NOT PROVIDE BROAD-SPECTRUM PROTECTION from BOTH UVA and UVB rays.

These only protect from UVB sun rays and come with a higher risk for skin irritation. It is crucial to protect your skin not only from UVB rays, but UVA rays, as well. UVB rays cause sun burn. UVA rays cause dark spots, wrinkles, sagging and mottled skin, and worse yet, skin cancer. PLEASE READ LABELS. Look for micronized zinc-oxide or Parsol 1789 (Avobenzone) with at least an SPF 30 or higher (like 50-70) when shopping for broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection. If you are in the sun a lot, then it is suggested to use an SPF of 50-70, no less than SPF 40 (and re-apply when necessary). If you are a fair skin type (very light), the same applies. Hope this helps.

Here's the list of common and highly irritating chemical sunscreen agents to avoid (if possible):

*Cinoxate
    *Dioxybenzone
    *Homosalate
    *Menthyl anthranilate
    *Octocrylene
    *Octyl methoxycinnamate
    *Octisalate
    *Oxybenzone
    *Padimate-O
    *Phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

use an SPF of at least 15 . I like Clarins UV Plus HP Sunscreen.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful