Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Caring for your hands

You can tell a woman's age by looking at her hands. While some women can get face lifts, you can have a hand lift. So it's important to care for your hands while they're still youthful looking.

Aside from using lotion to moisturize your skin, you should also wear gloves when doing the laundry or washing dishes. That way, there won't be any allergic reactions to the laundry soap or dish washing liquid. It'll also prevent your hands from losing moisture.

Nice advices, mate. I am glad that I am not a woman and I don't have to wash dishes that much. But my mother and grandmother have always washed the dishes without gloves, and their hands are just okay. I don't know if I will make a difference if I see a woman's hands that have used gloves, and a woman that has never used gloves.

Thanks for sharing this, I am always washing up and doing the housework without any protection and my hands seem to get really dry, especially when its cold. I use moisturiser on occasion but I tend to forget alot of the time

Good information my dear friend. I am not a women and my hands are really rough because I used to do some hard work like lifting the heavy things and repairing my car. Do you have any idea to make my hand little bit soft???

We often neglect our hand care as we are so concern on our face appearance. Actually, hands plays a big role on our beauty appearance as we do most of our works using our hands. I have a very simple recipeto share it with everybody to have a preety looking hand. To soften your hand, soak it in a mixture of honey and orange juice for about 10 minutes, wash with warm water and apply your hand lotion. For rough hands, apply vaseline gel before going to bed and leave it all night long. I'm sure you can see the difference of having a great pair of hands in short time.

Nice advices mate. I am glad that I am not a woman and I don't have to wash dishes that much. But my mother and grandmother have always washed the dishes without gloves, and their hands are just okay. I am always washing up and doing the housework without any protection and my hands seem to get really dry, especially when it’s cold. I use moisturizers on occasion but I tend to forget a lot of the time. Thanks for sharing..

**Brenda** Female

paulspnao are you a parrot? why do you repeat everything that is said on a thread? i really don't understand but if you don't have any input of your own don't say anything.

A lot of us take care of our face, but neglect our hands. I thought I was doing a good job. I put SPF 45 on the back of my hands every day. I carry a little pot of Jurlique Rose Hand cream in my purse to put on my hands after I wash them.

But I have a habit that was undoing all my hard work – washing dishes without wearing gloves. I usually do just a few dishes at a time, and it was too much work to put them on for just a mug or a lunch plate. But I’m wearing them every single time, from now on.

The problem is that dishwashing liquid is alkaline, which is hard on the skin. The skin has a pH of between 4 and 6.5, which is slightly acidic. Dish washing liquid is extremely alkaline to dissolve grease and dirt. Unfortunately, that also strips your skin of its natural acid mantle, which is there to protect your skin. Harsh alkaline soaps age the skin.

Hello,

Your advice is very nice but can you tell me if we are using some natural lemon soap for washing dish and washing clothes (because we do not use machine for these job at home) is it safe?

To take care of your hands:

* Wear a high SPF sunscreen on the backs of your hands every day, even in winter and on cloudy days

* Wear gloves every time you wash dishes or handwash clothing

* Use a mild pH soap like Dove when washing your hands

* Put lotion on your hands after you wash them, every time!

* Always wear gloves when you garden or do heavy housework

* Wear gloves to protect your hands from cold weather.

* Get manicures from reputable spas or nail salons that practice good sanitation.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast