Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best medicine for dandruff

I have dandruff problem and for the last few months it has really being badly.I tried anti-dandruff shampoos available in market,nor did work.even tried johnson and johnson's Nizoral but has not helped.Someone told me to drink lot of water.is it true drinking less water aggravates more dandruff ? Will oiling help my scap and hair relieve this problem? What is the best OTC medicine for dandruff please help.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

dandruff is a fungal infection of your scalp hair.Oh yea drinking water is good but it has no relationship with dandruff.First thing is prevention,don't share towels combs,caps/hats.Oil and greasy applications favour fungal proliferation so do not use it.Frequent washing on alternate or daily is suggested.

For shampoos use shampoo that contains anti-fungal preparations like ketoconazole,selenium sulfide,pyritione zinc.The one you are using-Nizoral is a ketoconazole preparation i guess.if it hasn't worked you can try shampoos containing selenium sulfide ( Selsun ) .If still no pregress you might consult doctor and he will provide high-strength preprations.

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

hey anchel try selsun blue,i had great success with it.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup selsun blue works well ,try it.

We don't have selsun blue here in my country!!! I wonder why? I always use head and shoulders and make sure to wash my hair thoroughly...It always works for me.

hi thanks my dandruff have gone after i used Selsun but i still have some pimples like on my head.. What is it ?

I use to have dandruff problem badly some years back and non of the shampoo in the market worked, then I consulted doctor and he gave me some medical shampoo and it worked with week.
    But that use to cause irritation in my head so I stopped using it and switched to herbal shampoos and the dandruff is much under control atm.

Head and Shoulders is the best...it works best on me and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchita View Post
    Head and Shoulders is the best...it works best on me and my family.
    yes Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo work good on dandruff. if you use it regularly.
    I love My Skin

I also used head and shoulders shampoo and worked great for me in solving dandruff problem . I got rid from dandruff problem but new problem of hair loss started. So, using natural shampoo which don't have any side effect will be the best solution.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast